Josh Allen highest ranked ELO in AFC East now...

Big Turk

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

And Jets. 

The jets LOST that game more than the bills won it. Had like 3 missed FG and the Bills O did everything they could in the first half to hand them that game. 

it will be a better test this next meeting.. let’s see if the Bills D have Darnold seeing Ghosts again. Lol

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I mean, there's no doubt in my mind that if you swapped Allen for Brady this season, the Patriots' record would be the same and the Bills' record would be worse.

If Josh was the turnover machine he was in the 1st half of the season, NE wouldn't have the same record. Brady on the Bills with a really good defense is comparable to what he has now. Easy schedule and a defense that keeps you in games. Bills would beat who they should and pull out at least 1 win vs Browns, Eagles and Pats with Brady. Better record than we have now.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

still have no idea how this pertains to josh. But if it means were winning then good

ELO is heavily weighted toward recent performance, specifically the last 10 games.  It shows that Allen has performed better of late (which also passes the eye test).  That’s the important take away here.  Well, that and that Brady’s performance is finally falling off.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The jets LOST that game more than the bills won it. Had like 3 missed FG and the Bills O did everything they could in the first half to hand them that game. 

it will be a better test this next meeting.. let’s see if the Bills D have Darnold seeing Ghosts again. Lol

Darnold did NOTHING in that game.

40 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Er, pretty sure they were all legends before that... 

I would absolutely agree!!

But I think there are/were doubters when it comes to Lynne and Petty.  Their inclusion, to me, should shut any doubters up forever.

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I agree! If he had the Bills lose.. that was the one game the Bills stole victory from the jaws of defeat! 

That's true given the turnovers and field goal misses. But it's also a little misleading. You can say, well if the Jets make a field goal, or if Darnold plays a little better . . .  But you can also say, well if a deflected pass or fumble bounces differently . . . 

The Bills did out-gain the Jets by 150 yards, which was an earned reason that they were able to pull out the squeaker, even with their turnovers.

4 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

That's true given the turnovers and field goal misses. But it's also a little misleading. You can say, well if the Jets make a field goal, or if Darnold plays a little better . . .  But you can also say, well if a deflected pass or fumble bounces differently . . . 

The Bills did out-gain the Jets by 150 yards, which was an earned reason that they were able to pull out the squeaker, even with their turnovers.

Hey there is nothing wrong with stealing a game! All good/great teams do.  The Patriots STOLE that game from the Bills in Buffalo. 

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hey there is nothing wrong with stealing a game! All good/great teams do.  The Patriots STOLE that game from the Bills in Buffalo. 

I hear you. But that Pats game was different. The Bills also out-gained the Pats by 150 yards, just like they did the Jets.

I would say in the Jets game, the Bills outplayed the Jets, even including the turnovers. Didn't feel like much of a theft. More like the Bills almost gave the game away to the Jets, despite their superiority, then they took it back. I do think, though, that Darnold was probably affected by the mono he didn't know he had yet. When he's healthy and in the groove, the Jets and the Bills are a pretty even match in my opinion.

The Bills have really only been out-played from the line of scrimmage once this year. They have have been out-gained three times. In the first Dolphins game, they were out-gained 381-305, but a lot of those Dolphins' yards came late, if I recall. Cleveland nipped them by 24 yards. The one game where they really got beat from the line of scrimmage was Philly: 253-371.

They have generally been significantly out-gaining their opponents, including yesterday's ridiculous 300 yard margin over the Broncos.