A Few Thoughts about the Broncos Game, in no particular order

Virgil

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

It won't matter if we lose to the Cowboys next week.  We'll be back to the same team who can't beat anyone with a winning record.  However, the Cowboys get that same label.

It's a battle of the mediocre scheduled

Great summary, Virgil. I confess I usually look for something to take issue with, but ... not here. 100% in agreement.

As for the weak schedules: with the NFC East playing the AFC East this year, both the Bills and the Boys get to feast on the Jets, Dolphins, Giants, and Redskins. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Allen was my pleasant surprise today, since he actually made a mistake and then settled right back down. Early this season he allowed one mistake to become four, he is impressing me so much right now.

When Allen doesn't need to put the team on his shoulder to win, good things happen as evidenced in the last 5 weeks.   As long as McD keeps the Running Game and Defense as the priority, the passing attack will continue to surprise people. We would have won the game against the Browns if Singletary was used more to run the football.

Edited by ganesh

2 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’m just waiting for andre Roberts to take one to the house 

He continues to impress me every week. At this pace, it's possible I may watch, in this lifetime, the Bills field a punt and not instinctively belief it's going to be fumbled at the worst possible time.

Allen played an OK game but luckily an OK game was all that was needed. He had a bad play but made enough happen on offense to support a dominant defensive effort. Singletary and Gore powered the offense mostly which was a good thing. 

The defense was dominant their most complete game since the bye week. Outright domination of a team at home they should dominate. The special teams was good too. A little shakey on kicks but Robert's was good on returns. Bojo ok on punts. 

Overall the offense was good (dominant running while Josh was Ok) the defense was great and the special teams average. Against a bad team that was good for a fairly coast to coast win. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

You know what,  you're right.  I remember now because the commentator made a comment about that only being his first catch.  I'll edit. 

He was blazing on both plays

That's what kills me, I have been wanting to see Foster get more of a chance this season, and not just on deep patterns.

I loved the end around, and boy I had forgotten how fast he is. Then seeing him run a crossing route was great and again, what speed! Then he blew out a tire at the end of the play, dammit!

I hope he's alright, because I want to see the Bills run more plays like that with him.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

That's what kills me, I have been wanting to see Foster get more of a chance this season, and not just on deep patterns.

I loved the end around, and boy I had forgotten how fast he is. Then seeing him run a crossing route was great and again, what speed! Then he blew out a tire at the end of the play, dammit!

I hope he's alright, because I want to see the Bills run more plays like that with him.

Kinda brings me back to my point from a few weeks ago that McKenzie should be the one inactive, let Foster run the sweeps and use Duke as an end zone threat or escape valve for Allen in addition to Beasley 

• Like (+1) 1

To me the Play of the OLine & Feliciano in particular stood out. Those guys never get the accolades but they were simply mauling a bigger Denver front 7. They went toe to toe & showed who was boss. If you want to win in the late season this is the type of play you need. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 - Tre White - Did anyone ball out harder that White today?  And I'm saying this after a game where we only gave up 3 points and multiple defenders had big plays.  Tre was EVERYWHERE.  I say that because he could've easily had two additional interceptions on top of the stellar over the shoulder catch he had in the redzone.  If he wasn't completely shutting down Sutton, he has knocking balls loose, breaking on flat routes to knock balls free, and just overall making Brandon Allen if he was sweating a little down there or if he was having an accident.  Tre is playing at an absolute elite level this season and is on his way to earning a massive payday.  We will definitely need him next week as go up against a team with the deepest receiving core we've played all season.

Yes, Milano.  That dude was truly all over the field making plays.

The play I loved the most was the 3rd and 10 TD pass to Beasley.  When Allen came to the line, he saw something in the defense and changed the play.  I said to my buddy, "he thinks he sees something" right before the snap.  Then he hung in the pocket and and threw a perfect pass and then getting hit.  He's growing!

• Like (+1) 1

Your game review has the 3rd reference to Von Miller I have heard in the past 24 hours......and trust me, i was sure we were going to hear his name referenced dozens of times during the game, they did such a good job with him

That TD pass to Brown into the wind was by far the best pass we have seen from Josh Allen in his young career, hopefully we see more of that.

Foster....holy crap is he fast.

Great write up Virgil.  You said pretty much everything I was thinking

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

10 - Execution - Hearing McClappy talk about the teams opportunities mainly coming from lack of execution has always seemed like a blow off response in his dry post-game press conferences.  As the Bills have now put two back to back solid games, I can now see what he meant.  Yes, the coaches have done a great job making tweaks to their scheme.  But more importantly, you can see that they are still relatively running the same type of plays, but the the players are executing at a much higher level.  I almost want to throw up saying it, but it makes sense now and I think we are finally seeing the team that McD envisioned for us.  I feel as confident in this team as I have in the past few years.  It's not about the record of the teams we've played against, it's about how we've put them away and executed the plays called on the field.  The defense is communicating well, Allen is finding the right reads, we can run hurry up or ground and pound.  McD has Frazier and Daboll in the right spots and this team is playing like a family.  I don't know how the next 3 games will go, but I expect to see a competitive team out there playing their style of football.

Go Bills!

A great game, I’m a happy guy.  However I want to point out a very, very, very small point of frustration for me...

First downs were almost always straight ahead runs. Nothing interesting until second down.

That’s better than past years, when first and second downs were always straight ahead runs. 

Those first down runs rarely gained much yardage.  I’ll be impressed if they ever do something else on first down. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Really? I suggested this in a few threads and didn’t catch any flack for it. ?‍♂️ Heck, I even went so far as to say they should activate Duke and sit McKenzie because they should run those plays with Foster, Knox, Beas, and Brown to keep it unpredictable. 

Well, you were really dumb at the time but sweet fancy Moses upon reflection you're very smart. 

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

A great game, I’m a happy guy.  However I want to point out a very, very, very small point of frustration for me...

First downs were almost always straight ahead runs. Nothing interesting until second down.

That’s better than past years, when first and second downs were always straight ahead runs. 

Those first down runs rarely gained much yardage.  I’ll be impressed if they ever do something else on first down. 

Those runs setup so many future plays.  It keeps the defensive ends and linebackers first steps from being to the outside and opens up play action.   With over 200 yards on the ground, I can’t complain about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, you were really dumb at the time but sweet fancy Moses upon reflection you're very smart. 

I wish I could say I predicted success. It was more of a critic of Daboll being predictable though.... As in “Oh, look. Gore’s in the game and McK is in motion. Guess it’s a run.”

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Did anybody else drop a turd in their pants when Beasley went down and seemed to be in agony clutching his knee or was it just me?? ?

Not physically, but I did utter a similar word.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1