Predict the Bills record in the last three tough games

Kelly the Dog

15 hours ago, ganesh said:

My order of chance of victory is:

Baltimore

New England
Dallas

The closest to a victory IMHO (in those games) is probably Baltimore.  We play them at home in front of our fans in December.  We will find a way to stop Jackson and control the clock.    They are also playing the Rams and 49ers before coming into Orchard Park.  

We don't need Allen to play Hero Ball game...Just play like yesterday.  Run Singletary 25 times. 

The Dallas and Patriots games are  more harder.  Dallas always plays very well on Thanksgiving and the traveling teams usually throw a stinker.  

The Patriots is a 50-50 chance because  we may catch them at the right time. I think Allen learns not to make the same mistakes as we did in the earlier game at home. 

Dallas actually has an overall losing record on Thanksgiving. I think we win this one. That makes me breathe a little easier looking down the stretch

EDIT: I take that back - I heard that stat but didn't fact check it until after. They have an overall winning record on Thanksgiving, but are 3-5 under Jason Garrett on Thanksgiving. That may have been the stat I heard.

Edited by CLTbills

15 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Against Devin Hodges on a team that will be all but out of the playoffs, not really. Although I already said they were not automatic wins. 

I think that's our best chance too, even though I think the Ravens are better than the Cowboys. Funny how that is. 

Current forecast for the Baltimore game is high of 33/low of 24, 12 mph wind (in other words, not nothing), and snow showers. Weather will be a factor in that game.

2 wins 3 losses, I think the Bills pick off the Pats or Ravens but  lose to the Cowboys and one of the Steelers or Jets (more likely the Steelers setting up a must win game at the Ralph).

My alternative, but low probability (< 20%), scenario is  they beat the Cowboys in Dallas and then run the table after that game for a 13-3 finish. They then win the first playoff game but lose to the Pats causing domestic abuse and cirrhosis of the liver to skyrocket in WNY.

20 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If you think Devlin Hodges is the answer, cool. ;)

He's not at all.  Which again reinforces my point.  The Steelers tough out these games.  Their D usually keeps the game close enough for them to have a chance to win.  All I'm saying is the Bills should anticipate a battle.  

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I guess at Pittsburgh isn’t tough?   Just hoping for two more wins preferably against AFC teams

...PLEASE....no repeat of Moo's 2004 club at Pittsburgh......STILL stings........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He's not at all.  Which again reinforces my point.  The Steelers tough out these games.  There D usually keeps the game close enough for them to have a chance to win.  All I'm saying is the Bills should anticipate a battle.  

I had already said that before you responded. ;)

17 hours ago, KD in CA said:

With the way the Steelers and Jets are playing, it looks like 5 hard games.   Fortunately 2 wins = playoffs.  Heck, even 1 win gives them an even money chance.

This.  Essentially, the Bills win over Denver and the Raiders loss to the Jests and the NFL's scheduling of divisional games late in the season to tighten up divisional races means that the Bills would likely have lose out to put themselves out of the playoffs.

10 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They are perhaps the luckiest 6-5 I've seen. They've had TONS of lucky ball bounces leading to victories.

The strange thing about the Bills is they've had pretty much no lucky bounces all season. Normally that plays a role in a few wins, but all of this season's wins have been straight up. Hopefully the football gods are saving the Bills' lucky breaks for these upcoming opponents...

The Jets and Titans victories had their share of luck (CJ Moseley going down; Cairo Santos forgetting how to kick).

Jets could be one of the toughest games left after Dallas.... It isn't about record... it's about how the teams are playing now. 

NE could switch uniforms with the Titans and the game wouldn't be any different but our perception would be. That is 100% a winnable game for us. The fact that they are NE is the only reason people see it as a loss. That team is totally beatable. 

Dallas worries me... Every time Dallas is falling apart and Garrett is about to be fired they drop 40 on someone. Why couldn't Jerry blast them last week?!

I say the Bills win 3 more:

NE

PIT

BAL

Losses to:

Jets

Cowboys

Edited by TheFunPolice

...just hope we crush them.......absolutely FOREVER  hate the Cowgirls but Jones more so.....loathed how he treated a classy legend of the game as in HC Tom Landry, kicking him to the curb like dirt......he was "Hank Stram with a hat".........NFL coaching stalwarts do not need to be trashed by some plastic puss with a check book.....

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets and Titans victories had their share of luck (CJ Moseley going down; Cairo Santos forgetting how to kick).

The Jests kicker against the Bills also missed some kicks.  Moreover, the Titans still had Mariotta under center rather than Tannehill, who seems to have turned the Titans into offensive juggernauts compared to what they were under Mariota.

More importantly is that the Bills have not lost many of their key players to long term or season-ending  injuries like so many other teams have had.  

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Dallas is an odd game to call. Thursday afternoon throws a huge variably into the mix. The Cowboys are staggering since starting hot and the Bills have the wind of a couple victories under their belt. I’m thinking the Bills go down there and win big!

This is how I feel but they are also in some turmoil with Jones being jones and a late night last  night due to late finish.  I like us in this one more than I did 2 weeks ago.  

On 11/25/2019 at 1:32 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They are perhaps the luckiest 6-5 I've seen. They've had TONS of lucky ball bounces leading to victories.

The strange thing about the Bills is they've had pretty much no lucky bounces all season. Normally that plays a role in a few wins, but all of this season's wins have been straight up. Hopefully the football gods are saving the Bills' lucky breaks for these upcoming opponents...

By the end of the season, we might be congratulating ourselves for playing the Browns the way we did. Still don't understand why people think the Browns are bad. Just look at that schedule.

I agree with you on the Browns, with Kareem Hunt in the mix. He is a guy that draws a ton of attention and he is really good. His addition makes their offense twice as good and draws attention from the other playmakers.

22 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

This is how I feel but they are also in some turmoil with Jones being jones and a late night last  night due to late finish.  I like us in this one more than I did 2 weeks ago.  

I’m hoping for the best but it’s tough to be the road team on Thursdays.