SNF: Green Bay at SF ‘49ers on NBC

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

GB is getting their ass whooped....Rodgers is looking overwhelmed...made a hell of a throw to Graham under duress downfield that he dropped but other than that he hasn't done anything...kind of reminds me of his performance in Buffalo when we had Mario Williams

Oh yes. When he got picked by Rambo like 3 times. I thought he was going to be an elite safety for years to come after that. That’s why I’m not a GM...

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

People laughed when he got that job. 

Meanwhile mental midget Elwag still employed.  NFL is a true meritocracy lol

Elway won a Super Bowl pretty darn recently. I’ll take that over any GM we’ve had in history. Smh

Monday morning reflections:

- George Kittle makes that 49ers offense go. Without him teams have been able to key in much more on the run. Once they do that with Kittle in there he burns them as he did on the long TD.

- Matt LeFleur is not very smart. Arizona has showed the league the way to trouble that San Francisco defense. You have the spread them out, get the linebackers and safeties out of the box. Then you can run it and you can attack the edges. I thought he cottoned on about halfway through that first half when they had the long drive that failed on 4th and 1 and then after that.... no.... back to big personnel or tight bunch formations.

- Rodgers looks frustrated. Not sure he really has trust in these receivers. The chemistry he used to have with Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb is definitely missing.

- Jimmy G is a really nice fit for a Shanahan offense. He is an accurate thrower but not the quickest processor and the heavy play action game of the stretch zone simplifies his reads.

- I continue to be proved wrong by the 49ers. I did not think this was going to be a Superbowl type team at the start of the year. They are a real contender in a crowded NFC. I think there are as many as 7 teams on that side capable of making a Superbowl run. They can't all get into the dance.

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I understand the Niners are good this year but Elway has won a title as a GM and Lynch came into the season with a .36 win percentage.  Lets pump the brakes a bit.

Lynch also lost his QB early last season to injury for the season which gave him the bad percentage. Elway was still riding the previous GMs defence with Peyton Manning on offence

That SF defense is legit. Their front seems unblockable at times. Bosa is a monster already and the guy is only a rookie. His addition has also opened up things for Buckner and Armstead. With the DL taking up so much of the focus on the interior Warner is starting to come into his own as well. They also have an excellent DC who will probably be in line for a HC gig REALLY soon. Outside of the vets in the defensive backfield they are young, relentless, and get after it. 

Edited by H2o

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

That SF defense is legit. Their front seems unblockable at times. Bosa is a monster already and the guy is only a rookie. His addition has also opened up things for Buckner and Armstead. With the DL taking up so much of the focus on the interior Warner is starting to come into his own as well. They also have an excellent DC who will probably be in line for a HC gig REALLY soon. Outside of the vets in the defensive backfield they are young, relentless, and get after it. 

I did my pro bowl voting earlier and Bosa, Buckner, Armstead and Warner all made the cut. Sherman and K'Wuan Williams their nickel corner also made my list.

• Like (+1) 1