Bills @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving Day - 4:30

whatdrought

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

From Cowboys Board

"Well, they're laughing it up over this thread we have:
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/220704-bills-cowboys-thanksgiving-day-430/#comments

As bad or up and down as the Cowboy's have been the past 25 years, I wouldn't exactly be bumping chests as a Bills fan After a half-century of disappointment, they're the last to take pot-shots at our badly ran team. Those Bills fans are are still stuck in stage-3 of a 5-stage process that Cowboy fans have been on for awhile. Come Thursday, they'll get a taste of "eating the cheese", that we've become accustomed to, and crawl back in their hole. This will be their "Super Bowl", but they'll sadly get drop-kicked by a very embarrassed and desperate Jason Garrett-led team (the only time all 3-phases show up)."

ummmm  where is the link to the Cowpokes board???  

Edited with the correct week 

10. Buffalo Bills (8-3)

Week 12 ranking: 12gn-arrow.png

What they're thankful for: WR John Brown.

The Bills signed Brown to a three-year contract this offseason to serve an integral role in their passing offense. Not only has he stabilized Buffalo's offense, he is the AFC's leading receiver through 11 games. Brown is on pace for 85 catches and 1,245 receiving yards -- which would both be career highs in his sixth season. Without him, the Bills' passing game would take a drastic hit. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

11. Dallas Cowboys (6-5)

Week 12 ranking: 9rd-arrow.png

What they're thankful for: QB Dak Prescott.

How is the answer anybody but Prescott? He came into the season with pressure to perform for a new contract, and he has exceeded just about everybody's expectations. Before Sunday's loss at New England, he was the league leader in passing yards. He still is on pace for a career high in touchdown passes. Quarterback is the most important position in the NFL, and the Cowboys know Prescott is their guy for the next decade. And they will have to pay to keep him. Even so, they will remain extremely thankful for him because they know how hard it is to find a quarterback. -- Todd Archer

PSSST  Cowboys Fans ..  Buffalo Beat the JETS.. You guys Lost to the JETS

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

10 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

yea, really stupid of our OC to dial up penalties on the goal line...Ravens are smarter than that. 

also...for the record, we are at 65% in the redzone for TDs and the Ravens are at 68%, sooo, im not too concerned. 

PaattMaann, FGs should be a concern. Penalties or not, 14-0>6-0. The reason the Ravens destroyed the Pats and Rams were that they scored TDs. It changes the opponents approach for the rest of the game. 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

An ex-Bill still representing!!

9 minutes ago, the skycap said:

PaattMaann, FGs should be a concern. Penalties or not, 14-0>6-0. The reason the Ravens destroyed the Pats and Rams were that they scored TDs. It changes the opponents approach for the rest of the game. 

again dude, season long red zone percentage for ending in TDs, we are number 6 in the league at 65%, the ravens are number 2 at 68% (the titans are number 1 for the record)...soooo, we are scoring TDs dude. why are we marveling at the Ravens for being a couple statistical points ahead of us? I mean...im glad they are scoring TDs, so are we....

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

the idiot CokeBoy fans must be relying on  ESPN's Power Poll

9. Dallas Cowboys (6-4)

Week 11 ranking: 10

Most underrated player: La'el Collins, RT

On an offensive line with Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zack Martin, it is easy to be overlooked, but Collins is having his best season. He came to the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent playing left guard and moved to right tackle in his third season. He has become comfortable in his techniques and has found the right blend between aggressiveness and patience, especially in pass protection. The only issue he has is a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee that he aggravated in Sunday's win at Detroit. If he can't play, then folks will see his value. -- Todd Archer

12. Buffalo Bills (7-3)

Week 11 ranking: 13

Most underrated player: Jordan Phillips, DT

Phillips is a known commodity among the Bills fan base, but the rest of the league likely will get to know him this coming offseason, as he has played himself into a sizable payday. Despite initially taking a backseat to 2019 first-round pick Ed Oliver, the upcoming free agent trails only Aaron Donald in sacks among defensive tackles with seven and has been a much-needed presence in Buffalo's interior pass rush. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

PSSST  Cowboys Fans ..  Buffalo Beat the JETS.. You guys Lost to the JETS

this weeks actually has us ahead of them I think. by a slot or 2.

25 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I feel like this is a must win game.

The Ravens look like the best team in football, and I don't want to head into Pittsburgh desperate for a win after dropping two in a row. 

have they dropped those 2 in a row yet? I know, it's easy for some to just go ahead and claim losses before the games are even played. it must be that confident they lose feeling some have?

they have both a chance thursday and at home sunday to win. until they do lose, I'll always believe they have a chance to win, in every game they play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

have they dropped those 2 in a row yet? I know, it's easy for some to just go ahead and claim losses before the games are even played. it must be that confident they lose feeling some have?

they have both a chance thursday and at home sunday to win. until they do lose, I'll always believe they have a chance to win, in every game they play.

I can't see any world where the Bills beat the Ravens. They look like far and away the best team in football.

The Cowboys is winnable, which is why we need to win it. 

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I can't see any world where the Bills beat the Ravens. They look like far and away the best team in football.

Ravens look dynamite but there's a saying about "any given Sunday" which is the reason they don't play the games on paper but actually strap 'em on and man up to find out who will win.  Lots of things can happen with special teams plays, injuries, defensive scores...let's see how it goes. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills-Ravens game is gonna be uggggly. I love my Bills, but there's just no way they're going to stop that rushing attack. They'll be lucky to prevent the Ravens from hanging a 50-burger.

I don't see the Ravens losing again until the playoffs, when Belichick -- in his second go-around against the Jackson -- will have a brilliant gameplan to completely shut him down, to the complete shock of everyone except Bills fans, who've seen this ***** a million times.

35 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this weeks actually has us ahead of them I think. by a slot or 2.

which one?  Damn it Caught again by outdated rankings!!!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28156812/week-13-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-team-thankful-for

10. Buffalo Bills (8-3)

Week 12 ranking: 12gn-arrow.png

What they're thankful for: WR John Brown.

The Bills signed Brown to a three-year contract this offseason to serve an integral role in their passing offense. Not only has he stabilized Buffalo's offense, he is the AFC's leading receiver through 11 games. Brown is on pace for 85 catches and 1,245 receiving yards -- which would both be career highs in his sixth season. Without him, the Bills' passing game would take a drastic hit. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

11. Dallas Cowboys (6-5)

Week 12 ranking: 9rd-arrow.png

What they're thankful for: QB Dak Prescott.

How is the answer anybody but Prescott? He came into the season with pressure to perform for a new contract, and he has exceeded just about everybody's expectations. Before Sunday's loss at New England, he was the league leader in passing yards. He still is on pace for a career high in touchdown passes. Quarterback is the most important position in the NFL, and the Cowboys know Prescott is their guy for the next decade. And they will have to pay to keep him. Even so, they will remain extremely thankful for him because they know how hard it is to find a quarterback. -- Todd Archer

USA Today    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/nate-davis/2019/11/26/week-12-nfl-power-rankings-cowboys-packers-ravens-patriots/4305070002/

11. Cowboys (9): How much does NFL showcase Dallas? Their Thanksgiving game immediately followed by another prime-time appearance every year since 2012.

12. Bills (15): Much has been made of Buffalo's Division II schedule, but next four games against teams with winning records. What will we learn about Bills?

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

which one?

I'll double check ESPN.  

USA Today 

11. Cowboys (9): How much does NFL showcase Dallas? Their Thanksgiving game immediately followed by another prime-time appearance every year since 2012.

12. Bills (15): Much has been made of Buffalo's Division II schedule, but next four games against teams with winning records. What will we learn about Bills?

the one you quoted first was espn. fairly certain they are #10 there and ahead of the cowboys.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I'm not a player but I'd rather approach a game with the mentality a player would. I'm sure they don't go in to a game, fearing they lose. regardless how good the other team may be. that's why I say there is always a chance, you really never know the outcome until the game has been played, anything can happen.

most certainly a huge challenge, not going to discredit the recent success the ravens have had but it you're going to continue to develop and grow as a team, it is games coming up in this stretch that will be a big part in their development as a team. I like believing there is a chance because I like what I see in this young team. they have shown through the course of their development to be a different bills team then like that of those past post kelly era teams.

I'm excited for this stretch and if by chance they can not live up to the expectations and lose to the cowgirls, ravens or pats**, it would be a drag but I know it's just part of the process in getting to that level, which they are not far from, imo. not over looking the steelers or jets but they are not in the same level as the aforementioned teams.

that is the world I'm in.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973