Bills @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving Day - 4:30

whatdrought

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The Dallas Monday nighter from 10 years ago still haunts me til this day. Why do I always remember the biggest losses over the biggest wins? Either way I hope this is a win. I don’t care a s*** how they get it. Something tells me we’ll be playing the refs also. 

Psychologists say that the biggest hurts create more lasting damage, and makes us risk averse.  In this case it's happening so we just gotta hope and believe that the past has absolutely nothing to do with the present.  That being said, winning a game in their stadium as underdogs would help ease that old pain you referred to quite a bit.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

Psychologists say that the biggest hurts create more lasting damage, and makes us risk averse.  In this case it's happening so we just gotta hope and believe that the past has absolutely nothing to do with the present.  That being said, winning a game in their stadium as underdogs would help ease that old pain you referred to quite a bit.  

Oh it’ll cure my depression if they do. 

For our psyches and our enjoyment of the season as fans, a win over the Cowboys on Thanksgiving would be epic!

BUT...

Of the remaining games on the schedule, it is actually the win the Bills need the LEAST. All other games are against AFC opponents, and the Bills need those wins more. I'm not saying they don't need this win -- they need to get to 10 wins one way or the other, so a win would be huge -- but if you go play around with the New York Times playoff machine, you'll see what I mean. 

Side note: If the Bills win the Steelers and Jets games -- and that's no guarantee, because playing in Pittsburgh is always tough and the Jets are starting to look dangerous -- and lose all the others, they still have higher than a 95% chance at playoffs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The NFL has 2 favorite teams. The NE Patriots are clearly the #1 darling  and Dallas is #2. With Dallas losing today I strongly doubt we stand much of a chance in a nationally televised game in their home field. We'll get screwed by a penalty or 2 late in the game.  Just like they did today. They need the Cowboys to be viable. Us not as much.

• Like (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The NFL has 2 favorite teams. The NE Patriots are clearly the #1 darling  and Dallas is #2. With Dallas losing today I strongly doubt we stand much of a chance in a nationally televised game in their home field. We'll get screwed by a penalty or 2 late in the game.  Just like they did today. They need the Cowboys to be viable. Us not as much.

Cowboys would still be just as viable with a loss. Only way they make the playoffs is as division winner. That’s still within their grasp regardless of an AFC loss to Bills. 

Will be very interesting to me. I think we lose pretty bad by the end of the game. But that is more about the Bills not coming up big in big games rather than Dallas being really good. The run game could hurt us of course. But I am worried with short week, when Dallas is used to it, big game, national TV, on the road, etc. That said, I personally think Dak is a little overrated. Zeke scares me but Tre should handle Cooper. Their 2-3 guys to me are the ones that will hurt us if anyone. If we play a solid game I will be impressed for sure, because we really don't know what kind of team we have yet, even after 11 games. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

For our psyches and our enjoyment of the season as fans, a win over the Cowboys on Thanksgiving would be epic!

BUT...

Of the remaining games on the schedule, it is actually the win the Bills need the LEAST. All other games are against AFC opponents, and the Bills need those wins more. I'm not saying they don't need this win -- they need to get to 10 wins one way or the other, so a win would be huge -- but if you go play around with the New York Times playoff machine, you'll see what I mean. 

Side note: If the Bills win the Steelers and Jets games -- and that's no guarantee, because playing in Pittsburgh is always tough and the Jets are starting to look dangerous -- and lose all the others, they still have higher than a 95% chance at playoffs.

Forget all that pragmatic crap! The Dallas game is the one where I have a couple dozen family and friends in the house. I love my wife, and I’d hate to end up divorced over a bad showing....by my team or my self. 

BEAT THE COWBOYS! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1