Is Ed Oliver Still a Bust?

H2o

I never saw him as a bust but just not plug and play. This thread should really be how bad was Star this week lol. But keeping on topic. He isnt good against the run but that's because of size at this point. We forced the Boys to be 1 dimensional early in the day. They got behind and had to pass... A LOT hello Ed and Hello Shaq / Trent. Forcing them to throw 50 times had to be a small win in itself

What really impressed me most about Oliver's game against Dallas is that he was matched up against Zack Martin and Travis Fredrick for much of the day and he dominated. Those are 2 of the best players in the NFL at ANY position.

Add an elite edge rusher, a shutdown CB and hopefully Edmunds starts his upward trend -- He's kinda leveled off recently. I believe that would really put us over the top.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 2

I think only a handful of people on here were using the bust term which of course is nuts, especially for a rookie DT. For me I expected a bit more pass rush early but at the expense of getting gashed in the run game. He had played much better against the run than I imagined he would. The pass rush this late in his rookie campaign surprises me. Maybe he just needs a lighter load for a couple weeks to get his body fresh.