Is Ed Oliver Still a Bust?

H2o

I dunno, is Zay Jones still a bust? 

A lot of people claimed he was a bust his rookie year, but others argued he would be fine, it was just adjusting to the NFL and needed a couple years. 

Now that those years have passed, how I'm guessing he's killing it now? 

Point being, giving these guys more time doesn't necessarily change anything. Some players you can tell when they're rookies, others need that time. 

Aaron Maybin was a bust right away, Oliver could go either way. We don't now yet, but pointing to a game or 2 for either side of the argument doesn't make sense. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

A lot of people claimed he was a bust his rookie year, but others argued he would be fine, it was just adjusting to the NFL and needed a couple years. 

Point being, giving these guys more time doesn't necessarily change anything. Some players you can tell when they're rookies, others need that time. 

Aaron Maybin was a bust right away, Oliver could go either way. We don't now yet, but pointing to a game or 2 for either side of the argument doesn't make sense. 

Dude, make room for a different kind of bird, Crow. This kid just gave a dominating performance on national tv FFS. Instead of being optimistic, you're trying to keep his progress grounded with pathetic comparisons. And it wasn't just this game, he's played solid the last 2. Give more credit and stop trying to diagnose

On 11/24/2019 at 10:51 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Who in the hell thinks Ed Oliver is a bust? Some people need to go watch some football??. He’s gonna get better as time goes on, sky’s the limit for him

there were quite a few here that called him a bust not so long ago. Most of them have owned up to being wrong though.

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Oliver has been a completely different player the last 3 weeks. He was challenged by the coaching staff and has responded to the tune of 4 sacks and a forced fumble in 3 games. Today? Two sacks and ff against one of the best OL's in the NFL. Is he DPOY yet? No, but it's obvious he's getting noticeably better and nothing near a bust. The straws are out of reach. Let it go.

2 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I think thete is some revisionist history going on here.  After the Eagles games most Bills fans were extremely concerned about his future.  Oliver has started the process of making most of us wrong.  Thank God for that.

He wasn't even that bad against the Eagles. 

• Like (+1) 1