My 5 favorite things about today's game

GreggTX

1. Frank Gore passed Barry Sanders to take 3rd all time rusher in NFL history.

2. Devin Singletary had his 1st 100 yard game. (about time, Brian)

3. Ed Oliver is starting to come around.

4. Even though Denver doesn't have a good QB on their roster, holding any NFL team to 3 points is big.

5. The OL played well overall despite losing our best OL for most of the game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Milano and White were outstanding.  And then there's the guy whose option we declined.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

7. Shaq may have secured an extra year on this team.

Why would he want to come back to a team that declined his option, following a decent season, and made him an unrestricted free agent?  He'll likely have plenty of options.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

I believe Ed has shown something since being benched. This coaching staff knows how to bend peoples wills, that much is clear. 

Shaq one more year? He’s earned a payday, like it or not. He is rock solid against the rum and is now learning how to pass rush. We should keep him. 

The O line is what lead to all the other things listed. They owned a very good Broncos D. Truly imposing of their will. 

Just now, TroutDog said:

I believe Ed has shown something since being benched. This coaching staff knows how to bend peoples wills, that much is clear. 

Shaq one more year? He’s earned a payday, like it or not. He is rock solid against the rum and is now learning how to pass rush. We should keep him. 

The O line is what lead to all the other things listed. They owned a very good Broncos D. Truly imposing of their will. 

I’ve been known to be pretty solid against the rum myself. Perhaps I should be looking for a raise?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

In fairness, Shaq's sacks -- both of them -- came when he was unblocked. They looked great, but there wasn't much to them.

He had a couple other nice hits on the QB today as well. Those hits right after a QB throws the ball are the ones that make them think every time they drop back the rest of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Milano and White were outstanding.  And then there's the guy whose option we declined.

Why would he want to come back to a team that declined his option, following a decent season, and made him an unrestricted free agent?  He'll likely have plenty of options.

It's the NFL . If you take that decision personally than you have too weak a mind to make it in the league

He didn't produce to his pick level so you don't pick it up and make him earn it

It's not a personal thing, it's a business decision

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

4. Even though Denver doesn't have a good QB on their roster, holding any NFL team to 3 points is big.

#5... Feliciano and Dawkins played the entire game 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

It was the right decision at the time. His play at that point didn't warrant picking up a 1st round option. I'm sure they'll make him an offer if they feel he is instrumental in the teams future. If not, oh well. Good luck elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm mixed feelings about this.  His sacks were both unblocked.  And DL gets them.   Not sure how he looked otherwise, but he likely gets overpaid by another team, unfortunately.  That said, we have the cap space to get a bona fide pass rusher.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Morse may be better at getting the OL call in, but man the running game looks better when Feliciano is at center.

Fwiw, I really like the concept of the thread. We probably have had many like this before, but just to say little things that you liked, that were not necessarily the obvious or biggest plays or elements of the game is a good idea for just after all games. 

I liked that a game Brown was somewhat neutralized outside of the TD, Beasley came up big. 

I liked that Josh threw a few right on the money that were YAC kind of throws. 

I liked that we didn't miss a lot of tackles or let RBs power forward for an extra 3-5-7 yards that has been happening. 

I liked that most of the big play third downs the defense came up and forced a punt. 

I liked that they got Foster involved to some degree, even if it was only two plays. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He will be a FA at end of this season. The Bills did NOT pick up the 5th year option.  They will have to pay him, Phillips and Poyer to big FA contracts to retain them.

32 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Loved seeing Oliver beat Risner on his sack. 
Allen’s TD pass to both Beasley and Brown were things of beauty. Those routes are there every game and will continue to be there. This offense is showing positive growth. 

Tyrod could never make those kinds of throws that Allen did today

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’d say the Josh Allen TD pass to Brown was my fav.  Checked off a few boxes there. Pass completion > 30 yards in the air,  chunk play, dropped it in the bucket (nice high trajectory so the WR could run under it and couldn’t be picked off).  Thank you wind for helping to keep it from being overthrown. Great play

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Love this thread. @Virgil, what do you think? Should @GreggTX be commissioned to post something like this every week? 

• Thank you (+1) 1