How is your family going to handle Thanksgiving?

stevestojan

My parents are hosting my siblings, a few cousins, aunts and uncles, etc.  The main table is in the dining room, while the "kids" table is in the living room like 10 feet away.   The living room has a TV in it, so even though I'll be 40 in a couple months....I told my Mom I'm sitting at the kids table this year.  And I wasn't joking lol

Our family is more "up in the air" with respect to Thanksgiving than we have ever been.  My daughter gave birth to her first yesterday.  My mother-in-law went in the hospital yesterday.  We don't have much room to host and we don't know yet who will come.  The only thing we do know is dinner would happen at 1 or 2 PM, if it happens and the TV will be on when the Bills are playing.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Was that a gun? 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Was that a pistol she pulled out at the end?

You guys don't keep a handgun in a kitchen drawer for Thanksgiving? That's like the most necessary tool for Turkey Day, after a brulee torch. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We are hosting dinner for a San Diego Billsbackers Ex club president needless to say the game WILL be watched in real time with seafood and Cheese and crackers appetizers to hold us over and  smoked turkey with trimmings feast after the game. One daughter at home son in Brooklyn so dinner for 4 enough leftovers for an army to come. Very low stress just how I like it unless the game gets hairy I’m hoping for a blowout haha.  I wish you a very happy thanksgiving. GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Margarita
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I imagine my wife and daughter will decree that the TV shall be off, unless it’s needed to calm down an antsy four year old with a Disney movie or something.  

I may may be able to sneak some viewing on my phone or iPad while doing dishes, which is a win-win. I get to watch the game while avoiding my in-laws, and I don’t mind doing dishes. 

Take charge, dude

Family was planning to eat around 4:00 as usual (40 people), but I informed them that that wouldn't work this year because of the Bills game. We're eating at 1:00 with plenty of time before the game so both events can be (potentially) enjoyed.

Two of my brothers, who are casual Bills fans, will be there. No one else will care in the slightest, so it might get annoying and I might have to drive home at halftime or something.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am working from home. Game starts at 8:30AM and the US team will be all offline so I am expecting a nice quiet day disregarding emails until I take a long lunch at midday. Already told the office to not bother me too much.

I'll message family in NYC and express my disappointment for missing Thanksgiving with them.

We always eat at night because the guys all hunt.  We're probably going to pop out of the woods a bit earlier than usual.  I plan to sit at the end of the table where I can see the TV and keep one eye on it.  I'll abandon the table occasionally to see what's up with a big play.

I like that the cowboys had to play later, and away yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to be in a household with 3 die hard Cowboy fans, my 2 brothers and uncle. To their credit, their loyal and know the game , and I already started hearing about how we have zero offense, my one brother called me last night telling me we will be easy work and we only have a Running QB. Maybe doesn't know the game too well cause Allen has progressed nicely, to his credit, he only sees what the Red Zone shows him if the Cowboys aren't playing, which they usually aren't playing at 1 pm. Man, i'm going to be ridiculously drunk if things start getting out of hand for us ,but i'm pretty optimistic about our chances Thurs.

Football pretty much stays on the main TV all day! 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Blackkat19 said:

My wife has to work the whole day so I will be watching the game at home by myself.?

That sounds great.  I would love to do that.  

We go over my sisters every year.  When the schedule came out I told my wife my son & I are staying home this Thanksgiving as I hate watching the game with 20 people all talking.  My wife said "fine my daughter & I will go over my cousins this year."  So everything was set until my cousins decided to come in from Vegas for Thanksgiving this year.  So now, I can't stiff my sisters because my mom will be very upset so we are going over my sisters.  My BIL does have a pretty sweet setup in his basement so I will go down there when the game starts & hopefully everybody else will stay upstairs.  

i was pumped when the schedule first came out, but in the end it's going to make it a chore to watch the game.  thanksgiving is a big production at our place, as we usually have 40 people plus.  we're also the last stop for everyone, so there's no way we're going to eat before 5.  my wife even offered to set up a separate table in our family room for those who want to watch and eat it, but i have a feeling we'll watch as much as we can, pause the game, and go back to it after the 30 mins of fevered eating.