How is your family going to handle Thanksgiving?

stevestojan

My wife and I will be flying into Buffalo this week, as we do every year for thanksgiving. 

I texted my dad, who is 74, asking how he’s brought up the subject of a Bills game happening while my mom  is preparing dinner for 20 people. We normally eat dinner around 4:00. 

He said “She knows. Dinner normally takes 11 minutes. We eat at halftime.” 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

We’ll do our normal service work in the AM,  come home and start cooking, and eat before the game.

Just a quick word on the greatness of Bills fans.  My older daughter moved to Orlando a few weeks ago and was immediately embraced by fellow crazies at Kitty O’Shea’s.  Today when she asked who would be there on Thursday she was inundated with invitations for Thanksgiving.  Her first holiday away but she’ll be with her new Bills family!.  

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am working on Thanksgiving but only partial day so will be able to see most of game.  It is just three of us for Thanksgiving so my wife usually makes a duck but this year we got a 18 pound turkey free at BJs with purchase of three items so we probably will be eating turkey.  She is already defrosting it now to marinate it.

Heading to Raleigh for dinner at my sister's house.  Neither she nor her husband are Bills fans.  Thankfully they have a big house and lots of TV's and we will have eaten by then so my son and I can sneak off and watch the game.  She was smart, she married for money the first time!  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blackkat19 said:

My wife has to work the whole day so I will be watching the game at home by myself.?

By yourself? No such thing. The Game Day Thread is your family! And we are just as dysfunctional and annoying! 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1