Favorite ZZTop song? Bear in mind there are no wrong answers here.

3 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes! this or Lagrange!

So many to choose from and La Grange is as good a choice as any. 

Fun ZZ fact. On their 1976 World Wide Texas Tour:

"The band’s mission was to “bring Texas to the people”, and they certainly succeeded in that: as well as a 35-ton stage in the shape of the Lone Star State, they also took along a veritable menagerie of Texan critters including a buffalo, a Longhorn steer, several venomous rattlesnakes, some tarantulas, and six vultures all called Oscar."

https://www.loudersound.com/features/fly-on-the-wall-29-may-1976-zz-top-take-texas-on-the-road

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

So many to choose from and La Grange is as good a choice as any. 

Fun ZZ fact. On their 1976 World Wide Texas Tour:

"The band’s mission was to “bring Texas to the people”, and they certainly succeeded in that: as well as a 35-ton stage in the shape of the Lone Star State, they also took along a veritable menagerie of Texan critters including a buffalo, a Longhorn steer, several venomous rattlCyxesnakes, some tarantulas, and six vultures all called Oscar."

https://www.loudersound.com/features/fly-on-the-wall-29-may-1976-zz-top-take-texas-on-the-road

I remember Lagrange. It is on the album "Tres Hombres" from 1973. You could open up the album to a picture of Mexican food and beer! They Don't make them like that anymore!

A few weeks ago I’m sitting at the hotel bar in Asheville NC talking with a guy who seriously looked like he was going for the ZZTop beard look. Super nice guy in town to visit a buddy for his BDay. Is it bad of me to mention that it was comforting when he pulled out and a nice couple from Charlotte celebrating their honeymoon arrived right before my wife did? ? 

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I remember Lagrange. It is on the album "Tres Hombres" from 1973. You could open up the album to a picture of Mexican food and beer! They Don't make them like that anymore!

Never had Tres Hombres on vinyl. Never saw the gatefold pic until now:

zz-top-tres-hombres-lp-gatefold-inner_1_

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Never had Tres Hombres on vinyl. Never saw the gatefold pic until now:

zz-top-tres-hombres-lp-gatefold-inner_1_

I used to collect albums...had thousands if them. The summer of 1975, I found Tres Hombres and the Easy Rider soundtrack at a flea market for $1 each!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

A few weeks ago I’m sitting at the hotel bar in Asheville NC talking with a guy who seriously looked like he was going for the ZZTop beard look. Super nice guy in town to visit a buddy for his BDay. Is it bad of me to mention that it was comforting when he pulled out and a nice couple from Charlotte celebrating their honeymoon arrived right before my wife did? ? 

Nothing wrong with that at all! Ha! We all have our days. Maybe you were not ready for any extended conversation with the guy. It happens...sometimes small talk is a chore! tiring! ha!

10 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Nothing wrong with that at all! Ha! We all have our days. Maybe you were not ready for any extended conversation with the guy. It happens...sometimes small talk is a chore! tiring! ha!

My wife is awesome, and we are not big on judging, but I think it was a more comfortable scenario for her to find me with the nice couple from Charlotte, rather than the guy with the beard down to his waist. I had to go back to the room to get my coat so we could leave for dinner, and she was fine sitting with the nice couple. She would have joined me gathering my coat had I left her with “the beard”, I suspect. Such is life.....

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife is awesome, and we are not big on judging, but I think it was a more comfortable scenario for her to find me with the nice couple from Charlotte, rather than the guy with the beard down to his waist. I had to go back to the room to get my coat so we could leave for dinner, and she was fine sitting with the nice couple. She would have joined me gathering my coat had I left her with “the beard”, I suspect. Such is life.....

Question: at any time during your conversation did "the beard" look around the bar and say:

"They got a lot of nice girls....A haw, haw, haw"
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Question: at any time during your conversation did "the beard" look around the bar and say:

"They got a lot of nice girls....A haw, haw, haw"

Hey! That might have been it! I was there for my first drink, and he’d been there for hours. I wasn’t always sure what he was saying.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah, probably right before he was arrested for driving while blind.

I have a buddy who went to UGA and was in his friend’s wedding in Athens, GA. His buddy got a DUI in the 3 blocks between the reception and the hotel. Fine start to the new life together, there!  ?

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I have a buddy who went to UGA and was in his friend’s wedding in Athens, GA. His buddy got a DUI in the 3 blocks between the reception and the hotel. Fine start to the new life together, there!  ?

Couldn't decide between Sad or Haha on this one. 

'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man - until they have to post bail before the wedding is consummated.

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Couldn't decide between Sad or Haha on this one. 

'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man - until they have to post bail before the wedding is consummated.

Definitely sad at the time, grows into haha as the years go by....assuming they are still married, I guess. Oh hell, it’s funny either way! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/28/2019 at 11:04 AM, Helpmenow said:

Saw them with fogerty last year, Not impressed. Like their tunes however.

Saw them for the first time around 2012-13 in a small venue after La Futura came out and they were great. Saw them again a couple years later at a larger outdoor venue and they flat out sucked. 

On 11/27/2019 at 11:12 AM, TheElectricCompany said:

Doubleback or Brown Sugar. 

ZZ Top is a top 3 concert, saw them at Erie county fair about 12 years ago. They paused during the La Grange solo just to stroke their beards for the crowd. 

Not sure they are top 3.  First 2 times i saw them great show.

Third time was in Ireland and they were going thru the motions.  A lackluster hour and 15.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I won't call it a favorite, but I do like to joke with the wife that "Legs" is her theme song because she's only 5 feet tall.

My father in law is a huge ZZ Top fan. went to see them in bars around Houston before they even called themselves ZZ Top. Last time they were in town, he missed the concert because his leg was amputated. But a few months later, they played in Enid, OK, where his son is stationed. So they drove up there, and got handicapped seats. A lady stood in front of him holding up a sign that says "Hey ZZ Top, I got legs." After missing two or three songs because of this woman, he finally yells, "Well I f*cking don't so move out of the damn way!"

• Like (+1) 1