Favorite ZZTop song? Bear in mind there are no wrong answers here.

Can't pick just one. Just saw them last week, but unfortunately it was huge package show with Brad Paisley, Sheryl Crow, Doobie Brothers and Joe Walsh, so then only played the hits.

Waitin' For the Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago.

Blue Jeans Blues.

Just got Paid.

La Grange

I Gotsta Get Paid which was their bluesy take on a popular rap song from the local Houston scene in the 90s. Their newest album from 2012 was produced by Ric Ruben and the best thing they've recorded since Degüello. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I Gotsta Get Paid which was their bluesy take on a popular rap song from the local Houston scene in the 90s. Their newest album from 2012 was produced by Ric Ruben and the best thing they've recorded since Degüello. 

10 hours ago, Foxx said:

ZZ's cut from the same cloth as Ted Nugent.

though a late one, one of my fav's of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0968f0VWvd8

I'm a huge fan of ZZ.  Gotsta Get Paid and Head In Mississippi are examples of greatness shining through after their best days were past. Here's a lesser known ZZ song worth a listen:

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I'm a huge fan of ZZ.  Gotsta Get Paid and Head In Mississippi are examples of greatness shining through after their best days were past. Here's a lesser known ZZ song worth a listen:

I collected records back in high school. My uncle was moving and gave me a whole milk crate full of records. Included were Tres Hombres, Eliminator, ZZ Top's First Album (That's the actual album title), and Rio Grande Mud. I listned to Eliminator somewhat frequently, and Tres Hombres all the time. But I didn't recognize any of the songs on ZZ Top's First, or RGM, so I never played them.

One day I finally decided to check out their first. It was some of the best ZZ Top I'd ever heard and I was kicking myself for not putting it on earlier. After hearing it, I was so excited to hear RGM. I pulled it out, put the record on, put the needle down. F*ucking Barbara Streisand! One of his friends played a prank on him that he didn't notice 25 years earlier. And the actual record was back in Michigan where he grew up.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

kind of like lays chips, can't just have one. wasn't a real fan of anything after '79. once they got in to the '80's, like many bands they commercialized their music, mainly for air play.

They've put out a few albums recently (recent being in the past 15-20 years) that actually get back to their blues rock roots. La Futura was produced by Ric Ruben and was fantastic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

They've put out a few albums recently (recent being in the past 15-20 years) that actually get back to their blues rock roots. La Futura was produced by Ric Ruben and was fantastic.

I'll have to check that out. music is not relied on the airwaves as much anymore. couple slides of the finger or click of a mouse and everything is right there. so it is good that bands such as zz top continue to create new music and now rely more on shows and downloads.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'll have to check that out. music is not relied on the airwaves as much anymore. couple slides of the finger or click of a mouse and everything is right there. so it is good that bands such as zz top continue to create new music and now rely more on shows and downloads.

I used to think country music was dead. Then I realized there's so many great country music artists out there. But if they're not talking about partying in the mud, and named dropping Johnny Cash, they don't get radio play.