Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson Article this morning

If the Bills can agree on a fair price, both these guys should be retained.  Oliver is not a finished product, but he has a very high ceiling.  He might have 2 or 3 more sacks this season.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has a dozen or more next season.  And yes, he's good versus the run too.

48 minutes ago, bopper2 said:

I don’t think it’s a sure thing that Jerry Hughes will be on the team next year, for the same reasons Shady is not here. Over 30, fat contract, declining production.

This is the issue people have to start addressing. This could be Jerry's last year. I doubt we keep Murphy considering his poor production. I know Shaq is not an elite pass rusher and yes his 2 today came unblocked. But I consider him a better version of Chris Kelsay. As long as it's at a reasonable contract. Phillip's is a must sign. There's no debate there. I'm sure we'll be drafting an edge rusher.

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Bills need to start featuring Shaq from here out as our #1 DE

Agree. Our DE position needs impact players and depth and why search for maybe players when you have Shaq who can step in... Johnson is raw still and is a liability in run defense, but i think he will come on given more experience. Allows this staff to start looking for Lorax V.2 as he can't keep going forever.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, WideNine said:

Agree. Our DE position needs impact players and depth and why search for maybe players when you have Shaq who can step in... Johnson is raw still and is a liability in run defense, but i think he will come on given more experience. Allows this staff to start looking for Lorax V.2 as he can't keep going forever.

Don't get me wrong, but I don't see Shaq as an impact player just yet. His two sacks were more the result of him going untouched. To me, he just seems a step slow and not very explosive. I think we re-sign him as he is a good overall DE. Pay less than the option year money.  Draft an edge rusher, pay but don't overpay Phillips. $7-8MM sign, more let him go.. I think some of these guys might actually prefer to stay depending on how the rest of the year goes. Need to win at least two games. 

On 11/24/2019 at 7:01 AM, Chandler#81 said:

$6-7M won’t get it done. He’s very likely to be offered $8-10 in FA. He leads the League in sacks by a DT. No team doesn’t want that!

As long as Jordon continues to produce the way he is & the amount of cap space Beane has to work with i think he is still young enough to be a corp player on the D for a while to come !

Beans being the wheeler dealer that he is should give him say a $7 mill base salary with incentives to keep him motivated because of some of the talk out of Miami that he would take games off at times but i think he feeds off the Bils mafia & it could be a really good fit !! 

1 hour ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Don't get me wrong, but I don't see Shaq as an impact player just yet. His two sacks were more the result of him going untouched. To me, he just seems a step slow and not very explosive. I think we re-sign him as he is a good overall DE. Pay less than the option year money.  Draft an edge rusher, pay but don't overpay Phillips. $7-8MM sign, more let him go.. I think some of these guys might actually prefer to stay depending on how the rest of the year goes. Need to win at least two games. 

Agree, but Shaq had a pedigree of success coming out of college and although it took him a while to buy into the system, it is starting to pay off.

He can play inside and outside so the versatility is good. I don't think teams go out of their way to game plan for him, but he has been better than Trent Murphy.

I hope they can keep him for the right price.

• Like (+1) 1