How is it the Dallas Cowboys get no media bashing for an easy schedule?

HOUSE

The media HAS pointed out their soft schedule, many, many times. Maybe you just haven't been looking at Cowboys coverage...

Also, I think it's pretty obvious why they're getting a lot of attention, and it's not just "media bias."

Anyway, our schedule is still easier in comparison. Second, their offense is #1 in the league, and Prescott is playing like a true franchise QB. Lastly, even though our record is better, we haven't looked nearly as good in our wins as the Cowboys have in theirs. If we played like we did last week against the Dolphins all year, we'd be getting talked about just as much (especially if Allen was playing like Dak).

I know we all hate the Cowboys, but their offense has looked great most of the year. Dak has hit the point where he can put the team on his back & carry the team himself, which is a huge sign that he's cementing himself as a true franchise guy. He's thrown for 400+ yards 3 x times (and threw for 397 another game), and that will get attention regardless of who it is against.

Even if he is just beating up on lower teams, it's something many other QB's including Allen have shown they can't do yet, regardless of opponent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

So I ask you, have you ever seen one NFL media expert claim the Cowboys are only winning because of their easy schedule....just one? Can you say the same about the Buffalo Bills?

The Dallas Cowboys are 6-4 on the season, but none of their wins have come against teams with a winning record. Only the Philadelphia Eagles are among the teams they have beaten that don't have a losing record, as they are 5-5.

(Note) The Bills beat the Titans , also 5-5

https://www.newsweek.com/dallas-cowboys-battle-flu-ahead-their-biggest-game-year-chilly-new-england-1473653

It's the same as Robert Kraft never paying a fine or doing community service after his prostitution issue in Florida.  The story disappeared.  Jones & Kraft really run the NFL.

Well they are only 6-4, so they really aren’t winning that much more than they are losing. Maybe if they were 8-2 the media might dissect them more. The narrative I see is nobody believes they are that good and Garrett is a below average coach. Almost all media has Green Bay, San Fran, and New Orleans as better teams and probably Seattle too.  
Can Bills beat them. Yes. But they are a matchup nightmare. Big oline, great RB and a QB that doesn’t turn the ball over.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t have to comment! I’ll be no creepier Thursday night than I was Thursday morning, they will just be more aware.......and once they have an eye on you......

All that might be related to the fact you tossed ‘sis’ down the stairs those many years ago.  Not so much ‘creepy’ as waiting for ‘Ninja Augie’ to go off.  Never mind the Nobel Peace Prize you won, and rescue mission you mounted to the ISS using only a kettle and a string.  ?

• Haha (+1) 2

Well, just so we are clear, THE COWBOYS are  a bottom feeder winning games over easy opponents and don't deserve to play a prime time game against the Bills

Next year the Cowboys should play Sunday games only

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

I think they have dominated some of those opponents...something the Bills haven't done except against the Dolphins...Even there we scored 3 FGs instead of TDs in the 1st half.

Fact is the Cowboys haven't beaten a winning team either  regardless of the score. lol

13 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Look at the teams in the playoffs every year. While there Are a few exceptions, most playoff teams have almost all of their wins against teams with losing records.

That’s how it works— just have to win the games you’re supposed to win, for the most part. There shouldn’t be shame by any team about SOS. 

I don't really think anyone uses strength of schedule to "shame" teams.  Most people posting on fan boards are discussing the upcoming games.   No reasonable person who is discussing the likelihood of winning or losing upcoming games is going to ignore strength of schedule in that discussion.   The strange people to me are the ones who get offended by rational use of statistics that might suggest their favorite team has better chance of losing than winning a particular game. Or uses statistics to say my favorite team should win this upcoming game and I will be disappointed if they don't. 

Cowboys are 5 1/2 point underdogs to the Patriots this week (side note:Patriots have an easy schedule too) .   This is a pretty clear demonstration that rational people recognize the Cowboys SOS.  Most of the pre-game shows have sequence where commentators give their pick for the week. Most will pick the patriots. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1