Bucky Brooks--Brady era is over/Josh Allen on the rise

Big Turk

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Please define "done."  

I assume by "done" you mean "better than any Bills QB since Jim Kelly, including Josh Allen."

:lol:

Lol. But Brady is absolutely not playing as well as Josh is at this point in time.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Please define "done."  

I assume by "done" you mean "better than any Bills QB since Jim Kelly, including Josh Allen."

:lol:

If you are talking this season?  I don't know that he is really playing any better than Allen is right now.  If you are talking career wise... well then yeah duh.  He has been better than just about any QB since ever.  Not just Bills QBs.

36 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I know. The Pats remain innovative no matter what. They always find a new way to keep the machine running.

...the astonishing thing is despite Belichick's brilliance, how he continues to slide with no viable successor to Brady....potentials like Jimmy G and Brissett were let to walk...what the hell is his game plan?....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the astonishing thing is despite Belichick's brilliance, how he continues to slide with no viable successor to Brady....potentials like Jimmy G and Brissett were let to walk...what the hell is his game plan?....

Lol "let walk".. you mean owner sided with star qb and forced coach to make walk?

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

It was reported that Belichick wanted to keep Garropolo and that he was over ruled by Kraft.

56 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

People can say this all they want, been saying it for years.  But as long as Brady and Belichick are there it’s an uphill battle for the Bills.

Brady is getting old, there's no doubt about it....but some of his issues so far this season is the lack of targets....and a really bad oline.....Like you, I am not ready to put the silver bullet in Brady heart just yet....I do have the finger on the trigger however...?

15 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Lol "let walk".. you mean owner sided with star qb and forced coach to make walk?

...I'm thinking a GOAT HC has a helluva lot more influence over Kraft.....hell, it's not like if BB resigned, he'd have to "scrape by (COUGH)" on social security....he could sign up with "Accountemps-NFL HC Division" and hope NOT to be on that bench long, right??........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m hoping he plays for 3 more years and goes through football hell for those 3 years.

If Brady goes 0-16 for the next 3 years, he will still be 100 games over 0.500....He would have to play 10 years at 0-16 to go under 0.500...216 Ws- 221 Ls...

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'm thinking a GOAT HC has a helluva lot more influence over Kraft.....hell, it's not like if BB resigned, he'd have to "scrape by (COUGH)" on social security.....hell he couls sign up with Accountemps-NFL HC Division and hope NOT to be on that bench long, right??........

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/report-patriots-owner-kraft-forced-belichick-trade-garoppolo

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

If Brady goes 0-16 for the next 3 years, he will still be 100 games over 0.500....He would have to play 10 years at 0-16 to go under 0.500...216 Ws- 221 Ls...

Oh I don’t care about total numbers, he is already a Top 3 all time QB. 

I just want to enjoy his creaking old bones getting pounded into the turf for 3 years after his arm strength and mobility are completely gone. You have to enjoy the little things.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Oh I don’t care about total numbers, he is already a Top 3 all time QB. 

I just want to enjoy his creaking old bones getting pounded into the turf for 3 years after his arm strength and mobility are completely gone. You have to enjoy the little things.

Oh I get it...and I agree....it's just that those #s are simply mind numbing.....He would have to lose something like 150 games in a row to be labeled as an " average QB ".....It's just stupid at this point....

You don't get kudos for predicting a changing of the guard at the QB position, especially in the AFCE. Brady is ancient, the Bills have Allen, the Jets have Darnold and the fish will be drafting a talented prospect in 2020. Oh, and lest I forget the Pat's current backup is a guy has given indications that he can develop nicely. Having a successful organization supporting him only improves his chances.

I agree that Brady even in his offence looks very much and at best like an average to above average starter and a game manager. And I can certainly see why Tom desperately wants Brown. Edelman is very good but he alone won't be nearly enuf to get it done, especially if they continue to have a less than dominant ground game.

To me the question is whether Tom still has it in him to raise his game to its former level consistently in the playoffs. I don't think he can but neither can you disregard the fact that no one has done more to prove doubters (like me) to be very wrong.

Edited by starrymessenger

32 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

You don't get kudos for predicting a changing of the guard at the QB position, especially in the AFCE. Brady is ancient, the Bills have Allen, the Jets have Darnold and the fish will be drafting a talented prospect in 2020. Oh, and lest I forget the Pat's current backup is a guy has given indications that he can develop nicely. Having a successful organization supporting him only improves his chances.

I agree that Brady even in his offence looks very much and at best like an average to above average starter and a game manager. And I can certainly see why Tom desperately wants Brown. Edelman is very good but he alone won't be nearly enuf to get it done, especially if they continue to have a less than dominant ground game.

To me the question is whether Tom still has it in him to raise his game to its former level consistently in the playoffs. I don't think he can but neither can you disregard the fact that no one has done more to prove doubters (like me) to be very wrong.

He may not need to...the defense might be good enough it won't matter

51 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He may not need to...the defense might be good enough it won't matter

Sure but my feeling is that they will need to control the ball and score points. I don't know that they will be able to do that. When the game speeds up I also think that turnovers may well prove to be a problem. All remains to be seen.