Bucky Brooks--Brady era is over/Josh Allen on the rise

Big Turk

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ha!  Well, certainly on draft night, I was a "wrong Josh" er - like "WTF McBeane, I hope you know what the heck you're doing"

If I could have had a crystal ball to this point in the season this year, I would certainly have been much happier!  But in frankness, and it might be the path that McDermott and Daboll are taking with him - he's still a long step from where we need him to be as the Franchise Guy.

I agree he still has a ways to go.  I think he will get there for a few reasons.  First, there is some franchise stability.  He has a good coaching staff that will be patient with him and give him the time he needs to grow. This isn't the dumpster fire Bills of a few years ago.  Second, the guy has a crazy work ethic.  At the end of last season he couldn't throw short and intermediate passes to save his life, so he spent all off season working on it and now it's the strongest part of his game.  I would expect him to pick another weakness this off season and attack it and improve upon it.  Lastly, the front office is making every effort to put players around him to make him successful and that should continue going forward.  This year they gave him an O-Line and some receivers who can get separation and catch the damn ball.  I expect he will take the field next year with even more weapons.

I think this franchise has finally found its QB.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What is meant by "they don't dominate" in this context?

They have held 5 of their opponents to <20 points

Me thinks some people are going to be surprised tomorrow. Denver plays very physical. The Bills haven’t played well against that, I hope tomorrow is different. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

This is where Brady comes out and goes for 600 and 5 yeah?

I’ve watched every pats* game this year...it isn’t happening. He* is riding the coattails of that D. He* has zero ability to drive the ball down the field.  Brady* is done. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Look back to this time last year and everyone was saying the same thing. Then look what happened.

We said that about manning in his second to last year,  too.  Watch him this year- he's not making those big throws when they're behind the sticks.  They're still hard to stop from dinking and dunking their way down the field, as always, but when the clutch throws need to be made, he's just misfiring left and right. 

11 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

I’ve watched every pats* game this year...it isn’t happening. He* is riding the coattails of that D. He* has zero ability to drive the ball down the field.  Brady* is done. 

It was interesting to see them pull out the Edelman pass trick play against the Eagles. Seemed like a desperation play to have to pull it out against a non-conference opponent.

7 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

We said that about manning in his second to last year,  too.  Watch him this year- he's not making those big throws when they're behind the sticks.  They're still hard to stop from dinking and dunking their way down the field, as always, but when the clutch throws need to be made, he's just misfiring left and right. 

Agreed. Manning absolutely fell apart down the stretch. His mental acuity allowed him to continue to manage ththe game but you could tell he was toast. Brady looks about the same now. I'm just hoping he regrets not retiring after last season when they get knocked out in the divisional round this year.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What is meant by "they don't dominate" in this context?

They have held 5 of their opponents to <20 points

The team doesnt dominate, and the defense isnt good enough to carry them.  I'm not arguing with about the quality of their D, but ifthe Bills can just do against their D what their averages are, that would be a nice game for Josh and another win.  They have an 89 passer rating, and an 89 for Josh at this point in his career is an okay outing. 

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Premature there Bucky.  I am so hyped up on Josh's potential, but so far that's where we're at, potential....

And we all know what Bill Parcel said about potential !!! 

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...as long as their defense remains stout, Brady can slide into more of a game manager with a solid running game, keeping them competitive....dammit.........

I know. The Pats remain innovative no matter what. They always find a new way to keep the machine running.

1 hour ago, BringBackFlutie said:

This is a really good article that talks about how Brady has been declining for the past 3 years and talks about how bad he actually has been this year.

Brady’s completion rate also falls from 75 percent in a clean pocket to 35 percent (the worst among qualified quarterbacks, per Pro Football Focus) when facing pass pressure, and his passer rating drops from 105.8 to 48.5 in those same situations, one of the worst ratings among qualified quarterbacks. (For comparison, a quarterback will earn a 39.6 passer rating for an incomplete pass.) Brady produced passer ratings under pressure of 71.1 in 2018 and 95.8 in 2017.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/11/19/patriots-tom-brady-is-no-longer-an-elite-quarterback/

It's a little long but IMO is totally worth the read.