Jerry Sullivan on our podcast: Anecdote about McDermott

gomper

11 hours ago, bbb said:

Sully thinks he's such a hero - and that he and Bucky were the voice of the people.  And, he points to John Murphy's show as propaganda.  I hate that show, too - because it is propaganda.............But, a good journalist like Larry Felser and Mark Gaughan after him - they weren't pushovers but they weren't aholes.  There's a huge amount of land in between Murphy and Sully.  

I agreed with a lot of what Sully said about today's media at the beginning.  The host talked about there not being unbiased news anywhere in this country - so he gets it from the CBC and BBC...............Sully talked about his trusted news sources being the NY Times, WaPo, NPR, CNN and MSNBC.......................OK - no bias there!  LOL  

The interesting thing is that it's not even quite that clear cut with Murphy.  Yes, he's essentially a paid Bills PR rep, but he sometimes asks 'Zo Alexander some pretty tough questions that 'Zo answers honestly on "The Lo Down" segment.  Now he doesn't ask "Imma try to embarass you on video" stuff of 'Zo, which IMO is fair when 'Zo is apparently doing the show gratis as a way to build a journalism resume, but it's not all fluff and rah-rah and some good stuff comes out - and not always what Murphy expects!

One of my favorite Bills pieces.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So Sullivan's "big story" on a podcast no one has heard of is a second-hand account of something that happened to someone else? This guy is just begging for attention; he's a subpar writer and realizes that his only niche is to troll the fans so he can get clicks to remain employed.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

So Sullivan's "big story" on a podcast no one has heard of is a second-hand account of something that happened to someone else? This guy is just begging for attention; he's a subpar writer and realizes that his only niche is to troll the fans so he can get clicks to remain employed.

Sounds familiar...

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sounds familiar...

Yep, except for the numerous first-hand accounts corroborating and even furthering the complaints in question, from sources across the political spectrum. That is, IF we're talking about the same thing.

Anyways, Sullivan's breakfast lie/omission is really the most simple and damning example of his lack of integrity. Funny how that works. Social media is a useful tool for fools to reveal themselves. 

Sounds familiar...

41 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't think he's a sub-par writer, but he's definitely got an axe to grind about a lot of things and it's spilled over into coverage of the Bills and perhaps Sabres. 

It's tiresome to see people making stuff up to validate their own opinion.  To me that's journalistic malpractice, even if it comes down to distorting what the team did for the media.  Besides, who the heck complains about free food at a game?  And, I highly doubt anything's changed under the Pegula's in this regard all of a sudden for Sullivan to report on Twitter.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, stosh64 said:

Poor, poor jerry.:doh:  Why lie to cast a negative light on something so trivial??

Here are the replies...If jerry is full of ***** about this what else is he full of ***** about.

In the bottom 2 photos, You can actually see the one little table Jerry Sullivan took a picture of (with the toaster and donuts on it). 

I guess he just didn't notice the much bigger table table filled with food sitting right next to the table he took a picture of... ?

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Yep, except for the numerous first-hand accounts corroborating and even furthering the complaints in question, from sources across the political spectrum. That is, IF we're talking about the same thing.

Anyways, Sullivan's breakfast lie/omission is really the most simple and damning example of his lack of integrity. Funny how that works. Social media is a useful tool for fools to reveal themselves. 

Sounds familiar...

The first part of your response is clearly wrong. Come to PPP to find out why.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

That there is a dude with an agenda.

You can say a lot about the Bills, but their facilities have improved a bajillion fold since the Pegulas bought the team.

Judging by the clips of the Visitors locker room in some of the postgame reports, there would be some exceptions ?

They might have got a new coat of grey paint

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Judging by the clips of the Visitors locker room in some of the postgame reports, there would be some exceptions ?

They might have got a new coat of grey paint

I have made my position on that topic quite apparent: it's a total dump and gives a really bad impression to visiting players who the team may eventually want to court as FAs.

That Buffalo Rumblings seems to think that was actually a positive post by Sully?  

Who would follow Sully close enough to know that he's always complaining about a lack of a toaster in a press box??  Is Rumblings being sarcastic?  

20 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I guess he just didn't notice the much bigger table table filled with food sitting right next to the table he took a picture of... ?

The reason he is considered to be a ‘columnist’, and not a ‘reporter’.  A reporter relates information and facts, a columnist opines.