Jerry Sullivan on our podcast: Anecdote about McDermott

gomper

I've been asked by the mods to time stamp the relevant Bills part of the show. The first 25 minutes or so pertains to the state of journalism today. Feel free to skip if that's not your thing. 

However, at the 26:00 mark, Jerry recounts a recent tale about what a control freak McDermott is. I have independently verified that this indeed happened. 

I should have been clearer in my original post. If it gets locked, I'm only doing what others asked me to do. Happy Holidays everyone! 

Listen to Jerry Sullivan Joins the Show - No Holds Barred Edition by RogCast SportsPOD - Buffalo, NY on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/rogcastsports/jerry-sullivan-joins-the-show-no-holds-barred-edition

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Nice podcast.....I listened to the whole interview and found it to be very interesting. I remember hearing about the McDermott dust up with Schopp last season, but I never heard the story with Fairburn from this season.  For someone (McDermott) who tries to portray himself as such a good/decent person, I've noticed there's a lot of behind the scenes stories about him that paint a different picture.  It's strange.  Winning will be the ultimate measuring stick for him, but if things ever go south for him I'd expect we'll hear a lot more of these strange incidences people have had with him.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gomper said:

I've been asked by the mods to time stamp the relevant Bills part of the show. The first 25 minutes or so pertains to the state of journalism today. Feel free to skip if that's not your thing. 

However, at the 26:00 mark, Jerry recounts a recent tale about what a control freak McDermott is. I have independently verified that this indeed happened. 

I should have been clearer in my original post. If it gets locked, I'm only doing what others asked me to do. Happy Holidays everyone! 

Listen to Jerry Sullivan Joins the Show - No Holds Barred Edition by RogCast SportsPOD - Buffalo, NY on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/rogcastsports/jerry-sullivan-joins-the-show-no-holds-barred-edition

What coach isnt a control freak. However its clear to see that he is flexible and listens to everyone involved and makes the necessary changes.

Sullivan is a tool and is mike Dopp 's dad.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Having been on the receiving end of a coach who didn't like something that I had reported.... because it was true.... I have some sympathy for Fairbairn if this happened. 

Think the more interesting bit of what Jerry says is about the Special Teams coaching. For all that everyone hated Crossman I don't think it has been any better at all under the Carolina fella. 

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, gomper said:

We just run on SoundCloud. All our pennies go to that platform. 

Do they have an app?  I don't understand that thing.  It seems that other times I've tried it, when my iphone shuts off the lights after a minute, it shuts down the sound, unlike on the apps I use, which you can also do skip and rewind, etc.  Am I doing something wrong with soundcloud?  

This is typical Jerry. I gave it 5 minutes before pulling the plug. If you listen to that segment where he's talking Bills you would think they were on their way to another 2-14 season not competing for the playoffs. He just doesn't understand that no matter how bad things may have been the constant negativity is even more draining. His ego is clearly bruised that he doesn't have the media presence he used to have.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/23/2019 at 3:05 AM, MJS said:

Can I get the cliff notes version? Don't particularly want to listen.

Sure, McDermott recently acted like a giant douche bag to a youngish reporter, getting in his face in an attempt at physical intimidation, dropping F bombs like nuts on him, and asking him "Are you on the team or not?!" 

This was at an press conference open practice*.  Presumably because McDouche didn't like a question or two, and apparently actually thinks the media is supposed to bolster the team as though it is part of the Bills P/R department.

Not many people heard about this because Pegula controls the media in WNY now either directly or indirectly. 

Quite an interesting little story.

McDouche = psycho

*Edited to correct that this happened at an open practice

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Having been on the receiving end of a coach who didn't like something that I had reported.... because it was true.... I have some sympathy for Fairbairn if this happened. 

Think the more interesting bit of what Jerry says is about the Special Teams coaching. For all that everyone hated Crossman I don't think it has been any better at all under the Carolina fella. 

This happened.  That is beyond questioning.

It happened in a large room filled with people and Sullivan confirmed it with multiple sources, b/c he is, you know, an actual journalist.

29 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

This ? Again ?

I felt the same about you and your comment! 

Believe it or not, you are free to not participate in threads you aren't interested in, or which you have a personal dislike for.

See how it works?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This happened.  That is beyond questioning.

It happened in a large room filled with people and Sullivan confirmed it with multiple sources, b/c he is, you know, an actual journalist.

I felt the same about you and your comment! 

Believe it or not, you are free to not participate in threads you aren't interested in, or which you have a personal dislike for.

See how it works?

A tough guy poster.

Now I'm afraid to leave my house.

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, gomper said:

Again don’t care about Jerry and I hate it when people try to hype their own podcasts/websites.

Get that out of here.

I think it should be bannable and an auto lock.  Per COC:

Do NOT post: Advertisements (We sell ad space to anyone who wants to get their website noticed).

To me this is the OP that admits to running/investing in SoundCloud and is just trying to get clicks to his site for a waste of time podcast.   Plus it is the second time he has posted the thread.

Post what you want to discuss, but he wants the clicks only.

If there is something relevant for discussion - it would be different, but Jerry is a lying douche that is anti-Bills - so go away Jerry and take your crap with you.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Thank you (+1) 3