The best peanut butter and jelly combination

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I have nothing to offer here other than my mother has been making and canning her own jelly for the last few years and that ***** is good. Some strawberry,  peach, grape. I dont eat many pb&j, but I make them for the kids lunches every so often.

Used to love homemade jam.  There were wild blackberries near house in Steelton and I'd pick buckets of them for my mom.

Just now, Limeaid said:

Used to love homemade jam.  There were wild blackberries near house in Steelton and I'd pick buckets of them for my mom.

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if she's making jelly or jam. What's the difference? I've always considered jam a little more viscous. 

20 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if she's making jelly or jam. What's the difference? I've always considered jam a little more viscous. 

You are correct.  Pretty good summary in Wikipedia. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_preserves#Jam

I personally like marmalades which should be obvious from my response earlier.

I think of jelly/jam like peanut butter smooth and crunchy.

Cranberry Jelly is very rarely spread on toast is a good example but sometimes they make it with more solid fruit making it more jam-like.

I used to like crunchy, but then I got older and started having sensitive teeth, so I switched to creamy. Lately my wife has been getting coarse ground from the health food store. That’s my new favorite. 

Usually on multigrain bread with strawberry or raspberry jam.  I think grape and apple are too sweet.  My wife likes things like sour cherry, or black currant.  I’m not a fan of the sour/tart flavor, although I’ll occasionally be in the mood for marmalade, peach, or apricot.  

5 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I remember Fluff.  We got some for our kids to try.  It’s useful for recipes, but not so much for sandwiches. 

GUEST_7a602b80-fbd7-46b3-bbcb-accc386328

Rice Krispie Squares and patching dry wall dings ?

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Rice Krispie Squares and patching dry wall dings ?

When I was renting cheap apartments after college, I read somewhere that you could use toothpaste to patch small holes in wallboard.  I bet marshmallow fluff would work just as well, maybe even better. 

23 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Maybe I missed it, but anyone remember this bread destroying edible dry wall patch:

Image result for marshmallow fluff old school

We harangued my mother to buy a jar somewhere around 1965, I think it was still in the cupboard when they sold the house in 1987.  Oh hell, wait, it was Fluff.  Same basic stuff.  Didn’t spread worth a hoot.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

We used to have wild blackberry bushes in our back yard.  I don’t know why, but they are mostly gone now.  30 years ago my wife picked enough to make several jars of jam.  I made her buy a sieve so that she could remove the seeds, otherwise I think it would be inedible.  It was good stuff.  I think there might be a few jars still in the basement, but I don’t think I would want to eat it after 30 years. 

15 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Great opportunity for this joke.  Was actually told to me by my dentist.

Q: What’s the difference jam and jelly?

A:  You can’t jelly your **** into you girlfriend’s mouth.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Great opportunity for this joke.  Was actually told to me by my dentist.

Q: What’s the difference jam and jelly?

A:  You can’t jelly your **** into you girlfriend’s mouth.

Does your dentist go by the name of Teef by chance?

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Double Decker sandwich cut in diagonal quarters

Great Harvest Bread 10 grain bread toasted keeping crusts

• Almond butter (usually get it at farmer's market)
  • Blood orange marmalade

slice of toast in middle 

• Raspberry jam (seedless)
  • Crunchy peanut butter

image.thumb.png.63dba8e301255841cfe316fd29e314eb.png