A QB comparison - Josh Allen vs Division Rival QB

FlaFitz1

2 hours ago, FlaFitz1 said:

The reason I started after week 4 is because after those four weeks plus the 12 weeks he played last year it gave him a full 16 games worth of games.

Typically, it's said a QB's growth truly starts in season 2 of their career.

Oh and BTW the 2nd QB is none other than Tom Brady - that gives me hope for how Josh and the offense has developed PLUS that the Bills may have finally started to close the gap on the Pats

The 8 rushes for 5 yards gave it away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I hate these threads....

"Hey, I grabbed some random data set and compared our guy to some mystery player. Can you guess they player? What do you think about it?"

Just say what you are going to say man. You think Josh Allen has been better than Tom Brady, and here is why. That is what your thread title should be, and that is the actual conversation you want to have. 

...or that isn't the conversation you want to have, because you don't actually think that, and this is a LAMP. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I took a look at Josh Allen and compared him to another, potentially playoff bound, QB since week 4 of the season - over the last 6 games.  Here's how they stack up and wondering what you think about it and not only his chances but the Bills chances going forward this season of being successful both during the regular season plus the playoffs and who you'd rather have right now

Allen:  112 completions against 186 attempts for 1272 yards, a 60.2% completion rate, 6.83 yards per attempt, 10 TDs vs 1 Interception, a QB rating of 96.44.   Additionally, 43 rushes for 200 yards a 4.65 ypa average and 4 TDs

QB:  166 completions against 257 attempts for 1691 yards, a 64.6% completion rate, 6.57 yards per attempt, 7 TDs vs 4 Interceptions, a QB rating of 85.92.   Additionally, 8 rushes for 5 yards a 0.63 ypa average and 2 TDs

Personally, in spite of all of the detractors out there I think he's playing pretty good ball with better ball ahead of him which bodes well for him and the rest of the season and hopefully postseason

I see what you did there!

Very clever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Topic titles must reflect the content of the topic (and it must contain more than just a name). This helps to reduce the number of duplicate topics and makes the community much more user friendly.

Please edit the title so that it properly reflects the discussion that you started.

Thank you.

but now I don't understand the joke.  was there some food reference?

11 hours ago, FlaFitz1 said:

The reason I started after week 4 is because after those four weeks plus the 12 weeks he played last year it gave him a full 16 games worth of games.

Typically, it's said a QB's growth truly starts in season 2 of their career.

Oh and BTW the 2nd QB is none other than Tom Brady - that gives me hope for how Josh and the offense has developed PLUS that the Bills may have finally started to close the gap on the Pats

Comparing a 21 year old against a 42 year old QB is not apples-to-apples 

If you strip out the surrounding comparison and leave it at:

"Over the last 6 games, Allen:  112 completions against 186 attempts for 1272 yards, a 60.2% completion rate, 6.83 yards per attempt, 10 TDs vs 1 Interception, a QB rating of 96.44.   Additionally, 43 rushes for 200 yards a 4.65 ypa average and 4 TDs."

If he carries that forward for the next 6 games, we'll be playing a 7th.

I think that is pretty much the point.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, freddyjj said:

No I hadn't seen it - pretty funny they wrote the same thing though.

Ok and case people doubt I saw that article first - I posted this thread roughly 10:30am and that article was posted 1pm

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FlaFitz1 said:

No I hadn't seen it - pretty funny they wrote the same thing though.

Ok and case people doubt I saw that article first - I posted this thread roughly 10:30am and that article was posted 1pm

they should pay you royalties