Next two weeks tell us all we need to know

Mikie2times

34 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Well, a loss to Denver with Dallas, New England and Baltimore coming up on the schedule would be devastating if not quite fatal to Buffalo's playoff hopes.

As long as they’re still in a playoff spot by this coming Thursday...I’m OK. We’ll be in Dallas for the game! In fact, I’m wondering when was the last season that the Bills were actually ‘in the playoffs’ and not ‘in the hunt’ on thanksgiving day? Does anyone know?

On 11/22/2019 at 7:36 AM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Broncos is a good matchup for the Bills, Dallas not so much.
Bills can beat Denver and should pretty soundly.

This team isn’t built yet for a shoot out. Dallas has two very good wide receivers and a very good running back. Dak is a good QB. Dallas will put up points on the Bills, The Bills offense will need to look like it did against Miami for any shot at a win. 

I think both games will be tough.  I have a different feeling about the games.  I think we will win the Dallas game and think the Broncos game could be more challenging.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:43 AM, BmarvB said:

They're going to have hell on their hands with the Broncos, then there's the murderers row with 3 straight division leaders (Dallas, Baltimore and New England). going 2-2 in that stretch would be nice. We won't beat the Ravens and the Pats still own the AFC East. Cowboys can be had but they're going to be looking to avoid losing two in a row after this upcoming loss to the Patriots. The best we'll do here is a split over the next 4 games. Here's where the truth gets told about what kind of team the Bills really are.

I think we match up very well against the Ravens and am confident McD will have a great game plan for that game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

As long as they’re still in a playoff spot by this coming Thursday...I’m OK. We’ll be in Dallas for the game! In fact, I’m wondering when was the last season that the Bills were actually ‘in the playoffs’ and not ‘in the hunt’ on thanksgiving day? Does anyone know?

Well, a loss to Denver would not mathematically eliminate Buffalo at all, but Denver together with the final game against the Jets look like they are far and away the most winnable 2 games left on the schedule.   You have to take care of the teams you're supposed to beat.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:35 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, I think there have been several issues:

1) Daboll being slow to get plays in at times and having play calls that are too complex in nomenclature.  Josh needs the extra time to process at this point.

2) Daboll expecting a higher level of speed/sophistication in reading the D/knowing where to go than Josh can deliver quite yet against fierce pressure .  I think Josh is very very good in the film room, on the boards, and also when he has more time, and that leads Daboll to write checks Josh can't quite cash at times

3) Using as many players as possible in varied roles so as to create confusion on the D, also creates more confusion on the O as Allen has to dilute his reps and establish clear communication with all those guys instead of focusing on 5-6 best offensive playmakers.  And it winds up with crap that scares no one like DiMarco and Smith out wide.

I think McDermott put it to Daboll that perhaps going to the booth would help with faster play calling and coming to the line quickly would potentially also allow him to help Josh decode the D on occasion (issues 1 and 2). 

But coincidentally, going up-tempo also forces us to keep the same personnel on the field more of the time, and I think that's helpful to Josh as long as we mix things up otherwise.

So I hope we keep it up.

As Steve Tasker said in his radio show...The no-huddle or fast pace offense works because they use a small SET of plays with the same personnel.  But they have to execute with PRECISION...otherwise they ahve a quick 3-and-out leading to thee Defense being back on the field too quickly...

On 11/22/2019 at 6:36 AM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Broncos is a good matchup for the Bills, Dallas not so much.
Bills can beat Denver and should pretty soundly.

This team isn’t built yet for a shoot out. Dallas has two very good wide receivers and a very good running back. Dak is a good QB. Dallas will put up points on the Bills, The Bills offense will need to look like it did against Miami for any shot at a win. 

Let’s not forget the Jets first season win was against Dallas 

15 minutes ago, ganesh said:

As Steve Tasker said in his radio show...The no-huddle or fast pace offense works because they use a small SET of plays with the same personnel.  But they have to execute with PRECISION...otherwise they ahve a quick 3-and-out leading to thee Defense being back on the field too quickly...

Well we are not facing a high scoring offense I’m pretty confident our D will get the job done , 

JUST WIN BABY !!!!!