Next two weeks tell us all we need to know

Mikie2times

Anybody that thinks Denver falls into the easy win category, rude awakening come Sunday . Don't let the record fool you.  This is not a good match up for us. Denver could easily be 6-1 over the last 7 games playing a much more difficult schedule. Two losses by a total of 4 points and the Minnesota debacle last week. They looked better in wins against the Titans and Cleveland. They have an excellent running game ranking 10th on football outsiders. They have the 9th rated defense and 6th rated run defense on Football Outsiders. The make up they have is basically a carbon copy of the Eagles. We do get the benefit of facing an inexperienced QB but if we win this will certainly be the best team we have beat all season. 

Following Denver we get another challenging situation. Dallas, like Denver, an excellent run game ranking 3rd in the league behind a huge offensive line. Unlike Denver we should have more luck running the ball. You can run on Dallas and you better try, because that pass rush. Dear lord. Ever since they added Bennett it's gone nuclear. Just having watched them two straight weeks the type of speed they bring off the edge and how aggressive they play. If Josh is dropping back and hanging out he will be done. We have to mirror what Minnesota did to them Sunday Night two weeks ago. Lot of running, misdirection, using the speed against them. Garett is capable of beating himself.  

We will play consecutive weeks against teams that directly challenge our weaknesses as we have seen thus far. Excellent rushing teams, excellent run defense and pass rushing. 

We have to get a split out of this thing. We will know how far this team has come and where we stand moving forward once everybody is fat and happy on Turkey next Thursday.          

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I get it. They are two very challenging games. 

All we need to know? With respect, I see them as two games. As always I’ll hope for the best, but know it’s not defining our future. Important to this season indeed, but we could still bounce back with a loss or two. 

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Let's just hope we're all fat and happy...

I’m ahead of schedule!  ?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6

None of the games are easy, and of course it doesn’t help buffalo  is a team who only likes to play to the level of their competition thus making easy games nail biters at the end. I think they’ll be ok vs Denver’s run game since they’ll be one dimensional, Cowboys though could get ugly. The way they run and pass, and play D, they’re the toughest matchup all season. 

The coaches seem to have a handle on the issues and I expect they learned something about being a little more aggressive last week. 

None of the six game will be easy nor will any "tell us all we need to know"!  Bills (#12 ranking) at 7-3 could end up 13-3...alas, we all know they aren't that good just yet. 

Denver (#27), @ Dallas (#9) on turkey day! Baltimore (#2), @ Pittsburgh (#16), @ New England (#1), NY Jets (#28). Although,10-6 is more realistic. 

For me we are ahead of schedule I dont see this team as a serious contender but getting there

They play hard and play for each other is  that good enough to make the playoffs? Yes

Are they likely to knock off Patriots or Chiefs or anyone else on the road- nope

It's been a fun year that could be super exciting if they keep winning, but I  think we all know  they aren't great. Meaning if they come up short don't even start to cry about it, if they make it keep possible success realistic. They have a good young team and a quarterback who's ceiling is incredibly high - it takes time.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So if winning against the Broncos, Jets and Steelers (games no one will see outside of WNY) gets them to 10 and a road wildcard game, but they are dominated by the Cowboys, Pats and Ravens (presumably all in front of national audiences against super popular teams), they are in no better position than they are in today. That is, Pretenders rather than contenders, right?    Having said all this, I am ok with that outcome, bc IMO this wasn't the year to make a "run" of any kind anyway.    You need a bigger offense than the Bills have this season to make any kind of a run in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

Broncos is a good matchup for the Bills, Dallas not so much.
Bills can beat Denver and should pretty soundly.

This team isn’t built yet for a shoot out. Dallas has two very good wide receivers and a very good running back. Dak is a good QB. Dallas will put up points on the Bills, The Bills offense will need to look like it did against Miami for any shot at a win. 

OP is right. Denver is not going to be a cakewalk game. Their RB Lindsey can take ANY RUN to the house. WR Sutton can go off at anytime as well. On defense they are the real deal. If we get the Josh we seen over the last couple of game we’ll be ok. If the pressure gets to Allen and he reverts back to the Allen of the beginning of the season we might get embarrassed. We are going to need a TEAM effort for every game here on out.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

So if winning against the Broncos, Jets and Steelers (games no one will see outside of WNY) gets them to 10 and a road wildcard game, but they are dominated by the Cowboys, Pats and Ravens (presumably all in front of national audiences against super popular teams), they are in no better position than they are in today. That is, Pretenders rather than contenders, right?    Having said all this, I am ok with that outcome, bc IMO this wasn't the year to make a "run" of any kind anyway.    You need a bigger offense than the Bills have this season to make any kind of a run in the playoffs. 

I agree.  This team is much better than last year's squad, but last year's team was awful and greatly overachieved to win six games.  Our offense made a quantum leap from "abominable" to "mediocre," which is a huge improvement but still not good enough to win a road playoff game.  That's okay.  We were never going to fix everything in one offseason, and going from complete irrelevance last year to a 10-win season this year would be great.  

Add a big WR, another RB to complement Singletary, and otherwise spruce up the roster here and there, and we're in business next year.

• Like (+1) 5

They're going to have hell on their hands with the Broncos, then there's the murderers row with 3 straight division leaders (Dallas, Baltimore and New England). going 2-2 in that stretch would be nice. We won't beat the Ravens and the Pats still own the AFC East. Cowboys can be had but they're going to be looking to avoid losing two in a row after this upcoming loss to the Patriots. The best we'll do here is a split over the next 4 games. Here's where the truth gets told about what kind of team the Bills really are.

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

OP is right. Denver is not going to be a cakewalk game. Their RB Lindsey can take ANY RUN to the house. WR Sutton can go off at anytime as well. On defense they are the real deal. If we get the Josh we seen over the last couple of game we’ll be ok. If the pressure gets to Allen and he reverts back to the Allen of the beginning of the season we might get embarrassed. We are going to need a TEAM effort for every game here on out.

I think they are going to blitz the hell out of him.