Roll Call. Buffalo vs Dallas there in Arlington

CowgirlsFan

I will be there only in spirit. My body will be home with a couple dozen friends and family. I think my niece learned her lesson when she tried to turn the TV off a couple years ago so we could all connect better. There is only one warning for that. I would miss her, and digging even a shallow grave in this Georgia clay would be a serious chore! 

?

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm going with my GF who is a Cowboys fan.  We are meeting my cousin, his family and some other friends who are all Bills fans.  We are going to some tailgate pre-game, but I can't remember where it is or who is putting it on.  It is a big Buffalo tailgate though.  

Looking forward to the game no matter what the outcome.  After decades of watching games on Thanksgiving it will be nice to finally attend one.  Also, looking forward to seeing Jerry World.  I've been to 6 NFL stadiums.  However, none have been built in the last decade.  So it should be fun to see a modern stadium.  Lastly, after years of pissing in troughs, I am really looking forward to seeing the bathrooms.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be there with my wife, kids and my cuz @IslandBillsFan and his girlfriend.  We have longtime friends who are hosting us in Dallas. Im not sure exactly where the tailgate is either, but it's the one being run by the local Dallas Bills backers.

Since we wont be ar home for Thanksgiving,  we are doing a neighborhood friendsgiving turkey and all the fixins backyard tailgate before the Broncos game on Sunday.

6 hours ago, Augie said:

I will be there only in spirit. My body will be home with a couple dozen friends and family. I think my niece learned her lesson when she tried to turn the TV off a couple years ago so we could all connect better. There is only one warning for that. I would miss her, and digging even a shallow grave in this Georgia clay would be a serious chore! 

My wife's family is all about the turn the tv off while eating *****. Its well known I do not go over if there is a sporting event on. Thanksgiving is at my house this year, and I already gave fair warning to the wife that someone will lose an arm if they pickup the remote to turn tv off.. ?

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m 50/50 at this point. If I can get in and out of Dallas on the same day I will do it. As of right now there isn’t a flight back here after the game. I am going to keep looking and could just decide to stay and come back the next day but I didn’t really want to do that.

Maybe I'm misremembering.   

You live in N'Awlins area no?  

Drive their.  

it's only a 7 h 28 min  drive!!!   :) :) :D  :D

Or fly same day 

American   1h 41m    Nonstop    from  $559

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

The wife and I will be there. As soon as the schedule was published I told the family they’re on their own this year! Flying in from California on Wednesday and back out Saturday. Will do some sight seeing, eat some BBQ, and watch the Bills embarrass the Boys.  Go Bills!

Obviously a bit of a stretch for me to get there but the game on Thanksgiving night is a perfect way for me to start my 40th birthday celebrations. 

We'll set up some wings, hot dogs and various other finger foods on the table whilst the game is on. I'll let my son stay up late to watch all the game. My friend who I go to the London games with is a Cowboys fan so I might let him pop over too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Maybe I'm misremembering.   

You live in N'Awlins area no?  

Drive their.  

it's only a 7 h 28 min  drive!!!   :) :) :D  :D

Or fly same day 

American   1h 41m    Nonstop    from  $559

I have a ride if I want. I really don’t want to drive both ways in a day or so. That’s a lot of travel on the busiest travel days. It’s the flight back that’s the problem. There aren’t any at night on Thanksgiving. I was hoping to get in at like noon, go to the game and be home by 9. My three options now are: 1) don’t go 2) fly in Thanksgiving morning and out Friday 3) Fly out Thursday and drive back with my friend Friday

I half-jokingly tried to talk one of my clients into flying me there and I’d take him to the game and expense the trip. Not happening on Thanksgiving though, you know family and all.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I am going. I was able to expense it as a work trip. Lol

Ha ha, this is my other option. Our region is headquartered in Dallas so I’m thinking about going in Thursday, going to the game, staying over, having a meeting Friday morning and flying out. I’d only pay for my ticket. 

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have a ride if I want. I really don’t want to drive both ways in a day or so. That’s a lot of travel on the busiest travel days. It’s the flight back that’s the problem. There aren’t any at night on Thanksgiving. I was hoping to get in at like noon, go to the game and be home by 9. My three options now are: 1) don’t go 2) fly in Thanksgiving morning and out Friday 3) Fly out Thursday and drive back with my friend Friday

I half-jokingly tried to talk one of my clients into flying me there and I’d take him to the game and expense the trip. Not happening on Thanksgiving though, you know family and all.

Fly there and drive back sounds awesome, especially if he doing the driving and you can stream college football the whole way home.