From Kelly 2 Allen - WGRZ extended interview

One Buffalo

4 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Ironically, going by the original premise it would STILL be the K-Gun. It was originally aptly named not for Kelly, but for Keith McKeller. If we go by out current TE, Knox, one could argue its the return of the k-Gun.... just sayin:)

Gee, where else did I read that in this thread?  ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, FAN_SINCE_62 said:

It appears our guy is growing up right before our eyes, It is good to feed off as many Greats as Jim is and was. I believe after all these years that we finally have our Franchise Quarterback of the futurel. As long as he keeps getting better and improving, the sky is the limit for this kid. I would love to see him become the next Brayd for the Bills. He has allot of talent and is well gifted. 

At the end of the day,  Josh will be judged by his performance on the field like all his predecessors.  And our Josh is doing just fine on that front as he continues to improve and win games for his team

I think Jim will be a great influence/has been a great influence on Josh.  My favorite part is Jim telling Josh CALL YOUR OWN PLAY. He's right in Josh needs to take control of this thing. He's a humble kid, you can tell he was raised right and he might be shying away from telling Daboll how he wants it, especially with Daboll screaming in his face a couple times this year. Josh is the leader of the offense whether Daboll is here or not. As Jim said, communication with the rest of the offense, being confident in what he's seeing. He has the acumen and the talent he just needs to continue to build the confidence.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have to admit ... I was critical of what I thought was the overabundance of time that JK was spending at the facility/with Josh Allen last year.  I perceived it as him just trying to hang on to his glory days and the Bills simply "being nice," and letting him hang around.

Now I feel like a dick for feeling that way.  I'm glad he's mentoring Allen and I think his presence has most definitely helped Josh with on-field performance, as well as handling himself like a pro when the pads are off.

I love reading these stories and seeing them interact.  Very, very cool.

If it’s any consolation, we all think you are. But in a tolerant way..?

I didn’t have a preference going into the Draft, but with what we had to pay/give up to get a chance at one of the 5 highly touted QBs following the rare playoff year, I just HOPED we’d land a keeper. Would I prefer a little more polish? Sure, but given the path he had to negotiate, I’m thrilled my hopes are answered.

Thanks Jimbo (JK).

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2019 at 9:36 AM, Gugny said:

I have to admit ... I was critical of what I thought was the overabundance of time that JK was spending at the facility/with Josh Allen last year.  I perceived it as him just trying to hang on to his glory days and the Bills simply "being nice," and letting him hang around.

Now I feel like a dick for feeling that way.  I'm glad he's mentoring Allen and I think his presence has most definitely helped Josh with on-field performance, as well as handling himself like a pro when the pads are off.

I love reading these stories and seeing them interact.  Very, very cool.

I have always thought of you as a Tom or Harry but will now think of you as a Dick.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 11/22/2019 at 9:16 PM, Real McCoy said:

The 7:11-8:11 mark reply from Allen and Jimbo on INT's was pretty interesting.

You can see how this coaching staff has Josh on lockdown and why we basically play to our opponent. 

This is a great interview.

Agreed; love where Jim basically goes pshaww, we didn’t worry about who we were playing, low scoring or not, pedal to metal was the driving theme—I think Allen after this past week is taking that lesson to heart, or hope at least :thumbsup:

• Awesome! (+1) 1