Inside the Rams-Chargers marriage as the NFL fights for Los Angeles

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nah, that’s not it. Go to any other NFL stadium and the shortcomings of NEF are glaring. Just went to MIA game ( stadium not even that new ) and it puts ours to shame. Wide concourses, clean accessible bathrooms with plenty of space to get in and out AND get food at the concessions all in time to get back to your seat for the second half. At a Bills game, leaving your seat begins a long journey. The concourses are too narrow and you’re smothered at all times, walking with baby steps to get anywhere. It’s about comfort, not gimmicks. Of course, a covered stadium is needed in the terrible WNY weather. 

I don’t know WTH you are rambling on about with your issues with New Era.  You can’t access a bathroom at the stadium and when you do it’s not clean/doesn’t have big enough entryways??  Hogwash man, you’re just finding something to complain about.  I was there for the Washington game with my 5 year old and wife. We had no issues with the width of the concourse or the concessions.  At halftime I was able to take a 5 YO to the bathroom, get two beers and food from two different vendors and missed 1:30 of the 3rd quarter.  

43 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

I don’t know WTH you are rambling on about with your issues with New Era.  You can’t access a bathroom at the stadium and when you do it’s not clean/doesn’t have big enough entryways??  Hogwash man, you’re just finding something to complain about.  I was there for the Washington game with my 5 year old and wife. We had no issues with the width of the concourse or the concessions.  At halftime I was able to take a 5 YO to the bathroom, get two beers and food from two different vendors and missed 1:30 of the 3rd quarter.  

Thanks. I’m with you. As a practicing architect I can tell you that the Bills don’t need a new stadium. The owners may want one but they don’t need one. It would actually be pretty simple to add two story concourse/concession/restroom buildings behind the stands on both sides of the bowl. And because the stadium is built into the ground those new additions could easily support a cantilevered roof that cover the majority of the stands. It’s been almost FIFTY years since Rich Stadium broke ground....it’s time!

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Vegas will be a glamour market but it'll be like it is for the Chargers now. More fans will show up for Raiders opponents than they will for the hometown Raiders.

Los Angeles is very much a football city but the teams they love play on Saturday's... USC and UCLA.

didnt you read the article? vegas has doubled their predicted sales already.  vegas is off to a very good start and their fans from la are buying  tickets as well planning on driving to the game. 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

didnt you read the article? vegas has doubled their predicted sales already.  vegas is off to a very good start and their fans from la are buying  tickets as well planning on driving to the game. 

Only because it's new, once the novelty wears off, people from LA will go back to not caring about the NFL and the Vegas stadium will be 50/50 Raiders fans and opposing team fans.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:53 PM, njbuff said:

Never understood why two teams who were originally LA teams, moved from LA for a reason, only to move back to LA when they both already failed there.

Makes no sense.

..can or will LA even support ONE team?.......Kid Spanos messed this up big time......yet another example of Daddy handing the kid the keys.......

20 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Selling tickets sure, but it'll end up looking and sounding like where the Chargers play now.

they're the only game in town and it all depends if they're winning.  i highly doubt they have any trouble filling that place unless they look like the browns the next 5 years

7 hours ago, bills6969 said:

The Chargers should not be in LA.  They belong in San Diego

I agree, and the Raiders should stay in Oakland. The NFL should pay for the stadiums they play in. Then they can hold all the profits from sales. as payment by the owner till agreed price is payed. It solves all the problems. The NFL made almost 16 Billion in revenue last year (https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/07/15/nfl-revenue-owners-players-billions/ )and is pushing to grow that to 27 billion by the year 2027. There is no need to make tax payers pay for a stadium, so they can pay to go see the team play in it. They can fund it themselves and charge whatever they deem for tickets or PSL'S.  The owner is responsible for the repayment. If the State wants to help then put it to the taxpayers for a vote. If not see ya. All this team moving around is nothing but greed. The NFL has become greedy, and the players they have are following suit. I love the game, I love to watch it, however the past 10-12 years have become increasingly frustrating to watch, not even taking into consideration the play of my team I follow. From too many commercials, to referees making the game a joke with calls and non calls alike.  I laugh at 4 teams in the 2 biggest markets (NY, LA) having to share stadiums. How much more greedier can the league be. They collect PSL's from 2 different teams per stadium. Double dipping. The product they put out is hard to watch, has some superior shady characters, some who beat women, children or each other over the head with helmets. For real, what is going on. Maybe we should all walk away lol.  Im depressing myself even more as  reread this post. I will end this rant now.....