Inside the Rams-Chargers marriage as the NFL fights for Los Angeles

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28117460/inside-rams-chargers-marriage-nfl-fights-los-angeles

This is a long but very good story by ESPN and details the how the owners of the Rams and Chargers rarely talk, SSL's aren't selling, $1.8 b stadium is now over $5b and throw in Rog and Jerah. Not often I say this but good stuff from ESPN.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

LA for pro football, long term is questionable. Too many other things to do with the weather. Reminiscent of Baseball in Florida.

Sports in Florida has nothing to with the weather and everything to do with it being a place comprised of people from other places. Most people down there are fans of the teams from where they came and have no interest in rooting for the Florida teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

While I agree with you living in FL and born and raised in Buffalo, my home, when the Bucs were a winner, they had sold out that stadium for over a decade basically through the Dungy and Gruden periods, and even made the seat deposit thing.  They are nice fans and root for their team, but every year when I bring my boys to the game, they can’t believe the difference in the fans in both cities.

They love when they go to a Bills game.  My middle son always says our fans are nuts.  My reply is always, this is what a true NFL Football town is like the Steelers, Chiefs, even the Browns.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Luka said:

Sports in Florida has nothing to with the weather and everything to do with it being a place comprised of people from other places. Most people down there are fans of the teams from where they came and have no interest in rooting for the Florida teams.

Sorry, thought you were describing the metro ATL area :P

16 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

To me this why the NFL hates the Bills, even when they suck people show up at our old "dumpy" stadium because they are our team. (well technically Pegula's, thanks Terry and Kim!)

And some want the Bills to turn into mini Cowpokes with PSLs and everyone paying attention to everything but game.

Wow...shocking.  I thought the whole process of pitting owners against each other to put two teams in a city that hasn't adequately supported one in the last half century was a brilliant move and sure to work out smoothly for all concerned.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

LA really does not care about the NFL. Never did. I never understood the hard on the league has for revisiting failure in that market.

Billion$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of reason$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$