Reported: Mason Rudolph accused of using racial slur prior to brawl-Steelers deny

Mango

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mason should sue him for defamation if he’s making it up. That’s something that will be tied to his reputation now. 

Ohh I’m  sure he will. This is going to cost Myles Garrett a few more Million dollars$$$$ 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mason should sue him for defamation if he’s making it up. That’s something that will be tied to his reputation now. 

He would have to prove it cause him grievous financial harm...it hasn't at least not unless some company won't use him for endorsements now...but who is using the backup QB for endorsements

Saying a racial slur doesn't make it okay to beat someone in the head with an NFL helmet. Sorry -- that's not how any of this works.

Even your momma tells you two wrongs don't make it right! He's just trying to make up an excuse for his poor behavior for which there is no excuse.

• Like (+1) 4

Mason was asked and he did say nothing was said to make Myles get pissed. Pretty sure I saw this on ESPN. I would assume using a racial slur falls under that. I'm leaning to Mason didn't use a racial slur. Just my take.

Edited by Dopey

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is about to get interesting!! It’s a smart play by Garrett’s people. That’s a strong defense from them. If Mason turns around and sues him for defamation of character that’s a strong play as well. Everyone puts their strongest hand on the table and see how it plays out.

Yea, this isn't a game when you accuse someone of what Garrett did, especially in today's climate. 

If he gets found out to be lying, I don't care to ever see this dude play again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is about to get interesting!! It’s a smart play by Garrett’s people. That’s a strong defense from them. If Mason turns around and sues him for defamation of character that’s a strong play as well. Everyone puts their strongest hand on the table and see how it plays out.

It's really a terrible play from Garrett, IMO.  It's demonstrably false given that it was just stated now, and none of the Steeler's players, including Pouncy, back this up.  You think Pouncy goes as bizzark on Garrett if Rudolph used a racial slur?  Nope.  

I hope the NFL ADDS to Garrett's suspension for making up such a serious accusation.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Definitely worthy of assault with a weapon. 

Of course not.  But it’s hard to explain the feeling of someone calling You certain words.  Like it’s hard for someone who isn’t that background to ever get what getting called the n word or the c word can do to you.   I grew up that If you take ?, you get hit.  I think the word would be better if people did that instead of fight on social media.

that said, the timing doesn’t really fit.  And if Garrett is lying, he should get sued and be held accountable. 

It was said at the time that Rudolph could have pressed criminal charges against Garrett (who knows if it would have gone anywhere) but decided not to as it was a football matter... Some howdydo if Garrett is now lying about this.

I wouldn't be shocked if Rudolph did say something racist. Doesn't justify Garrett's defense, and it's a horrible call by his legal team as it's completely unprovable (as far as it seems at least) which just begs to be viewed as pandering for an excuse. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

It's really a terrible play from Garrett, IMO.  It's demonstrably false given that it was just stated now, and none of the Steeler's players, including Pouncy, back this up.  You think Pouncy goes as bizzark on Garrett if Rudolph used a racial slur?  Nope.  

I hope the NFL ADDS to Garrett's suspension for making up such a serious accusation.  

It’s certainly risky but it’s the only hand that he had. It’s going to end up as he said, he said. They are going to try to pin Rudolph as a MAGA loving racist because of his political views. If Garrett is lying, I agree, they should add on. If he’s telling the truth it probably gets reduced (still think he’s done for this year) and Rudolph gets punished too. Rudolph should immediately file a lawsuit if it’s false. 

This was the only play that Garrett had to gain sympathy and back the NFL into a corner. It’s kind of like the Justin Fields situation at UGA (although that had further documentation). His waiver was going to be granted no matter what because the NCAA didn’t want to look complicit in any way. This accusation applies pressure to the NFL that they don’t want. This is a conversation and issue that they don’t want playing out in public.