2020 Thanksgiving Plans?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've never done it deep-fried. I try not to invest in cooking devices that have a single purpose, and I'm not industrious enough to create my own fryer.

We used to put it on the Traeger, but no matter what you do, the skin turns to rubber. 

We typically spatchcock now. It's not too hard to remove the spine. I usually get my liberal brother-in-law to do it because he knows a lot about not having a spine. 

We do a couple of different stuffings,  but make enough to pipe it in under the skin, which helps keep the meat moist. We do another in a pan that has homemade sage sausage, mushrooms, breading and pine nuts, then we fill a cheese grater with extra pine nights and grate them over the stuffing. It creates a cool dusting that crunches up. Frankly, I'm good just eating the stuffing.

My family traditionally does the in a pan (my mom and her mom cook), and its always good. I have been wanting to try a deep fried one, but kinda in the same boat, no real need other than once a year for a deep fryer like that

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

My family traditionally does the in a pan (my mom and her mom cook), and its always good. I have been wanting to try a deep fried one, but kinda in the same boat, no real need other than once a year for a deep fryer like that

Get a nice outdoor banjo burner - you can use it for a hell of a lot more than frying turkeys - perfect for tailgates. 

I'll be attending a certain football game in Dallas on Thanksgiving...

I've cooked turkeys all the ways, oven, deep fried, grilled, smoked, spatchcock etc., but my favorite and easiest method with results that are equivalent to what I get using my Big Green Egg is the trash can turkey.

Edited by BillsFanNC

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Thanksgiving time-saving tip: if you spatchcock your turkey and lay it out on a pan after piping some stuffing under the skin, you get a very moist, delicious turkey that takes half the time it takes to roast a regular turkey.

Knife Skills: How to Spatchcock a Turkey - YouTube

I think you might have given a few of the droogs here a chub with that. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

:lol:

you're a *****. change the thread title because you began trolling your own thread.

Should we start talking about Israeli politics now?

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

He just needs to be nice enough for the photo. Since there are just three of us, we like doing VIP events with something or someone we like, and virtually every time there isn't enough one-on-one interaction for anyone to !@#$ up. 

You talking about Chase, or Epstein?