Greg Roman will be an NFL HC

Mikie2times

4 hours ago, eball said:

Roman has been interviewing for HC jobs for at least five years.  He's a really smart guy and he will probably get his chance soon.

But is he a great leader? I have no idea but that’s what people overlook. I thought Gase would be fine in New Jersey but it sounds like he’s a terrible leader.  Same with Kitchens and Denver’s coach.  

some guys are not meant to be head coaches.,

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But is he a great leader? I have no idea but that’s what people overlook. I thought Gase would be fine in New Jersey but it sounds like he’s a terrible leader.  Same with Kitchens and Denver’s coach.  

some guys are not meant to be head coaches.,

Yeah, I have no idea.  There must be some reason why he hasn't gotten any of the jobs he has interviewed for, but the success of Baltimore's offense will probably earn him a shot.

I think the perception of Greg Roman has always been that he is an unconventional OC with a novel offensive scheme.  I think that perception hits the mark.  His philosophy is to force defenses to load the box with a wide variety of running plays.  That creates openings for more deep passing plays to be successful.  A running QB who can make deep throws is ideal.  It gives the offense one more run option, and an especially dangerous one at that, because it is out of the norm for the NFL.  That's why Lamar Jackson is such a great fit.  He's similar to Tyrod Taylor, but MUCH better.

The question is, can Roman make his offense fly using a QB with a more conventional skill set?  It's a question any team considering him as a head coach would need to consider, because Lamar Jackson is just about unique, and there are a lot more conventional QBs out there.    A team with Greg Roman as head coach might have to endure a long period of mediocrity before the right QB comes along again.

Edited by TigerJ

Fans wanted him fired, blamed all of Tyrod's failures on him (it's a common theme when the QB isn't executing or the team is losing), and Rex needed to fire someone to stay afloat. 

He was a solid coordinator, we just didn't have the right QB to go with his offense.

12 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Fans wanted him fired, blamed all of Tyrod's failures on him (it's a common theme when the QB isn't executing or the team is losing), and Rex needed to fire someone to stay afloat. 

He was a solid coordinator, we just didn't have the right QB to go with his offense.

I don't think you're giving the fan base enough credit here.  I'm pretty sure most people knew that he was just the scapegoat for the problems that the team (under Rex) was having