Josh Allen Wed presser: "is that considered a deep ball?"?

57 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

giphy.gif

Lmao! I love that movie...

Little known fact in this scene...the actor who plays Uncle Rico is a vegetarian in real life and if you watch closely after he throws the steak and goes to sit down he spits the steak he is chewing into his hand.

Josh's lack of success on the deep ball (bombs) is surprising to me, as he had a few last season, particularly to Foster.  In fact, a lot of them earlier in the season last year were perfect throws that Foster couldn't track/hang onto, but Foster improved in the 2nd half of the season and hauled them in.  This year, Josh's long throws are not close to the target.  I assume that he will eventually hit on a few of these, and bombs aside, the rest of his game has improved tremendously.  

Losman wasn't good at much else, but I do miss his bombs to Lee Evans and interestingly, Tyrod had quite a few of them his first year as as starter and they seemed to elude his game in his last couple of years in Buffalo.  Hopefully, Josh can re-establish his mojo with these types of passes.  (Wasn't there a baseball ad that said something like "Chicks dig the long ball?")  

47 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Come on, dude. The deep pass is a part of the game too, and with his super powered rocket arm, we will all be giggling like school girls if he starts hitting deep passes! The man was born for this.

For whatever reason, it is not a strength of his right now and he doesn't need it to win. His strength is the LOS - 20 yards downfield. He is one of the highest rated passers in the NFL in that range and that is where most successful QBs live.

It would be nice to hit a deep ball now and then; however, he doesn't need it to win ball games. Why people are so fixated on it is beyond me. Because he has a strong arm, it doesn't mean he is going to be a deep ball thrower. That strong arm can, and does, come into play in so many different ways other than the deep ball.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I will settle for a simple interception.

And a well executed middle screen to Knox.

And one ping, one ping only please...

And no crazy Ivan’s 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"dawg bites man"

Q: "when you completed that TD to John Brown, was there any part of you that said "thank God I don't have to talk about that any more?""

Josh: "Is that considered a deep one to you guys?"

(informed that it is)

Josh: "OK..(shrugs shoulders,wry grin)   There ya go"

Anyone else think that was a rather strange presser from Josh?  His eyes kept darting around and he kept cracking a little smile.  Finally in the middle of the presser he cracked a grin and said "we got some guys hyped up over there".  He seemed a little distracted and maybe like "feeling no pain".

he was being honest. the ball went 30 yds in the air. Kudos to JA for that answer.

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Josh's lack of success on the deep ball (bombs) is surprising to me, as he had a few last season, particularly to Foster.  In fact, a lot of them earlier in the season last year were perfect throws that Foster couldn't track/hang onto, but Foster improved in the 2nd half of the season and hauled them in.  This year, Josh's long throws are not close to the target.  I assume that he will eventually hit on a few of these, and bombs aside, the rest of his game has improved tremendously.  

Losman wasn't good at much else, but I do miss his bombs to Lee Evans and interestingly, Tyrod had quite a few of them his first year as as starter and they seemed to elude his game in his last couple of years in Buffalo.  Hopefully, Josh can re-establish his mojo with these types of passes.  (Wasn't there a baseball ad that said something like "Chicks dig the long ball?")  

right on. Losman had very little else to his game--but he could toss a 70 yd in the air bomb with accuracy

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"dawg bites man"

Q: "when you completed that TD to John Brown, was there any part of you that said "thank God I don't have to talk about that any more?""

Josh: "Is that considered a deep one to you guys?"

(informed that it is)

Josh: "OK..(shrugs shoulders,wry grin)   There ya go"

Anyone else think that was a rather strange presser from Josh?  His eyes kept darting around and he kept cracking a little smile.  Finally in the middle of the presser he cracked a grin and said "we got some guys hyped up over there".  He seemed a little distracted and maybe like "feeling no pain".

Can you please explain what the hell you are trying to say in the last paragraph?  Is that Boomer speak ?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I like our chances if we get paired up with KC.

no way. Andy Reid will screen us to death. we are the worst defense in the NFL against screens and the Chiefs are the best screen team in the league. 

terrible matchup 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Josh is well aware that his bread-and-butter for how he wins games is success in the short and intermediate area, and that the "Oh NOES!  He hasn't hit ONE deep ball!" kerfluffle is a press and fan creation.

Plus, being a smart guy, he probably anticipates exactly this response.

as it turns out, i have to agree. Smart kid we have : ) 
Good sense of humor as well

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

Can't believe I get to use this again!

Classic right there my friend.
One of my grandsons is named Ivan. and yes he is. in the best of ways. : )

• Thank you (+1) 1