Josh Allen Wed presser: "is that considered a deep ball?"?

"dawg bites man"

Q: "when you completed that TD to John Brown, was there any part of you that said "thank God I don't have to talk about that any more?""

Josh: "Is that considered a deep one to you guys?"

(informed that it is)

Josh: "OK..(shrugs shoulders,wry grin)   There ya go"

Anyone else think that was a rather strange presser from Josh?  His eyes kept darting around and he kept cracking a little smile.  Finally in the middle of the presser he cracked a grin and said "we got some guys hyped up over there".  He seemed a little distracted and maybe like "feeling no pain".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m glad he agrees.  It may count that way on the stat sheet, but that’s not the deep ball we’ve been looking for 

I think Josh is well aware that his bread-and-butter for how he wins games is success in the short and intermediate area, and that the "Oh NOES!  He hasn't hit ONE deep ball!" kerfluffle is a press and fan creation.

Plus, being a smart guy, he probably anticipates exactly this response.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"dawg bites man"

Q: "when you completed that TD to John Brown, was there any part of you that said "thank God I don't have to talk about that any more?""

(informed that it is)

Anyone else think that was a rather strange presser from Josh?  His eyes kept darting around and he kept cracking a little smile.  Finally in the middle of the presser he cracked a grin and said "we got some guys hyped up over there".  He seemed a little distracted and maybe like "feeling no pain".

for some reason this reminded me of crocodile Dundee’s famous line:

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m glad he agrees.  It may count that way on the stat sheet, but that’s not the deep ball we’ve been looking for 

I mean true it's not one of those drop it in a bucket way deep ones, but it's still nice that he can just rifle one in there that far down field.

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There were guys (Bills' players) playing a game of who knows what and they got loud a couple times.  Josh reacted to the first yell, then the second major scream is when he made the comment you quoted.  Other than that, typical JA presser.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Josh is well aware that his bread-and-butter for how he wins games is success in the short and intermediate area, and that the "Oh NOES!  He hasn't hit ONE deep ball!" kerfluffle is a press and fan creation.

Come on, dude. The deep pass is a part of the game too, and with his super powered rocket arm, we will all be giggling like school girls if he starts hitting deep passes! The man was born for this.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"dawg bites man"

(informed that it is)

Dear God, not like this I hope.....

Image result for adam gase eyes gif

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2