Duke Williams vs Denver

Bronxbomber21

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

As opposed to keeping a WR who has speed but cant track a ball in Robert Foster because he plays special teams (which gave up AWEFUL plays Sunday)

Duke blocks for the run

Duke catches the ball

Duke high points balls

Play Duke

Foster did not get any offensive snaps vs. Miami so he would have to take snaps away from the other 4. 

Having only played in 3 games, made 6 receptions and played about 120 snaps, to assert that he blocks, catches and high points the ball are merely conjecture. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Haven't you heard? He's missing and on some milk carton. Coaches are looking for him, but apparently he's not showing up. Seriously, you couldn't just reply to the other thread? 

Mods, do we get treats or something for starting a thread?

54 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Foster did not get any offensive snaps vs. Miami so he would have to take snaps away from the other 4. 

Having only played in 3 games, made 6 receptions and played about 120 snaps, to assert that he blocks, catches and high points the ball are merely conjecture. 

No its really not.....in the limited time Duke played we have seen him do ALL of these things....for christ sake he scored a TD in his first start.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

WHAT IS THE OBSESSION

Oh. I don’t know, maybe because he catches virtually everything thrown to him... a great endzone option, good in the run game,  you know, a productive player... hmmm,

1 hour ago, jwhit34 said:

Forest through the trees much?

You basically have John Brown as our #1 target, Cole Beasley as our #2, and a bunch of guys who are limited in skills.

Andre Roberts is a pretty good return guy, but is below average on everything else required from a WR.

Isaiah McKenzie is quick and runs nice gadget plays, but doesn't have great hands and his fumble issues make him risky as a returner.

Robert Foster is a proven deep threat, but doesn't really do anything else well and still often struggles make plays on the ball.

Duke Williams is big and has good hands, but he's also really slow and struggles to get open.

When you have a group like this, the coaching staff is forced to activate/deactivate players based on gameplan.  

Roberts gets called up regularly, because we must have a KR/PR each week.  McKenzie is getting preference over Foster, because we are having more success with jet-sweeps than deep passes.  That has left Williams as the odd-man out, because his skill-set can be duplicated by one of the tight ends.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'de rather have the speed in the lineup.

How fast is Lee Smith? DiMarco? There’s plenty of room to have every receiver active on game day and, IMO, it’s something that the team needs. The more versatile our offense, the better. Williams brings a couple ingredients otherwise lacking.

3 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Does anyone else think Duke needs to be on the active roster this Sunday. I'm thinking the Broncos are going to double John Brown with Chris Harris and one of the safetys and if this happens where going to need more then McKenzie & Roberts on the outside. I would love to see Foster go off but im not gonna put my money on it. Im still lost on why Roberts is getting more playing time at WR then Foster and why Duke is on the bench.

I want to see him every week.
But they went with speed last game.

Matchups perhaps ?

2 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

thats what my eyes tell me. dude pulls the ball in regardless.
 I am a Duke Watcher  lol

1 hour ago, billspro said:

odds are he will not be active

majic 8 ball says no ?

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Im trusting the coaching staff on this. Not happy with him not playing but trusting them.

this 110 %

hurts me to say it though