In Hindsight, Broncos Fans Want Josh Allen Over Bradley Chubb

The irony is that if Chubb was gone by pick 5 the Bills had a deal in place to trade picks 12, 22 & 53 to Denver in a trade up for Allen.  So instead of the question being whether the Broncos should have taken Chubb instead of Allen, the debate in Denver would be were the Broncos right in trading away the pick the Bills used for Allen.  I guess that would now depend on who the Broncos picked.  If they had used the 3 picks for 3 starters and one of the 1st rounders was Lamar Jackson they would be calling Elway a genius.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

A journalist in Denver put this tweet out the other day asking fans whether they would still draft Bradley Chubb over Josh Allen in the 2018 draft. 

As you can imagine this trigger a lot of responses.  For the most part it was mixed but overall  a lot of fans actually said that they would take Josh Allen over Bradley Chubb.  

Of course, you get the usually Twitter crowd trying to quantify why he Allen isn’t good.  

Overall a lot of them seem to be down on Chubb and are concerned about the QB position.   One fan called Chubb “an OLB with a bum knee” ?

Id say it’s about 60-40 Allen over Chubb based on those responses

Similar to the questions of Allen v Jackson that are gonna be asked when Lamar & Co. come into town ? (I know my thoughts). Mid week garbage for a team that - prior to now - NEVER had two consecutive losing seasons since before Elway.

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Does it really matter what fans want?

He really is having a poor season tho...12 sacks last year and only 1 this year.

If you call being on injured reserve after week 4 a poor season, then he's having a poor season.  He's not having a poor season, he's been out for the season since week 4.  I guess if you look at how many TDs Roethlisberger has thrown this year, he's having a poor season too.  This is another example of looking at stats out of context.  BTW, it's not personal, I hate football stats of all kinds and you just gave me a chance to condemn stats and I took it. 

10 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

What kind of existence is that?

I have a GREAT job where I sit at a desk for 12 hours at a time and monitor a particular railroad safety/navigation system that I know alot about, and when something goes awry, I handle it...but there is a whole lot of doing nothing between actually working....and so I have the time to "troll" around on message boards....etc etc.

The Josh Allen thread at the orangemane is still getting alot of action....now especially since it's Bills vs Broncos week.  Some of those folks are turning a bit....

...anyhow.  I will be rooting hard for a Bills victory this week.  You all should have it in the bag....the Broncos are a bad team, with a QB who has played ok, but completing 50% of his passes.  The Broncos never play well in early start eastern time zone games.  

56 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If you call being on injured reserve after week 4 a poor season, then he's having a poor season.  He's not having a poor season, he's been out for the season since week 4.  I guess if you look at how many TDs Roethlisberger has thrown this year, he's having a poor season too.  This is another example of looking at stats out of context.  BTW, it's not personal, I hate football stats of all kinds and you just gave me a chance to condemn stats and I took it. 

Hahaha, fair point...did not know he has been on IR...I guess that would explain some drop off.

Zerovoltz - I don't see 60% of that forum saying that they prefer Allen to Chubb, more like 25%.

That said, amongst all the fairly ignorant people on there, I wholeheartedly agree with the guy who points out that Josh does not throw receivers open.

I truly believe that this is the only component of his game that is stopping him from achieving true quarterback greatness (the deep balls will come). If he can throw guys open and increase his YAC numbers then I am confident that we will have another HOFer on our books.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Zerovoltz - I don't see 60% of that forum saying that they prefer Allen to Chubb, more like 25%.

That said, amongst all the fairly ignorant people on there, I wholeheartedly agree with the guy who points out that Josh does not throw receivers open.

I truly believe that this is the only component of his game that is stopping him from achieving true quarterback greatness (the deep balls will come). If he can throw guys open and increase his YAC numbers then I am confident that we will have another HOFer on our books.

In that thread only a few would want Allen, and the guy pointing out Allen doesn’t throw guys open is me ?

On 11/20/2019 at 1:00 PM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I understand the differing opinions. But someone over there is suggesting that Lock's floor is what Allen is playing at now, and that Locke is likely to be much better than Allen.  I don't even know what to do with that comment. 

Drew Lock looks like Leave it to Beaver

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/20/2019 at 11:30 AM, Jamie Nails said:

Who would you rather have: Mahomes or White and the 22nd pick? Who would you rather have: Russell Wilson or TJ Graham? Who would you rather have: Rob Gronkowski or Torrell Troupe? 

Yeah. There's definitely a collective overreaction each week. Good performance; next Elway. Poor performance; bust. 

Whatever floats your boat, but the big picture isn't defined on a weekly basis.

Until you have a good, or least highly promising, QB on your team, you need to draft the first QB you like that is available every draft, IMO.

So that means that either Elway didn't think Allen and/or Jackson were good, which is looking false at this point, or he doesn't understand the value of the QB position in the modern game, which seems ridiculous considering he played it. Either way, it's totally on him, IMO.