Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Why would this make anyone angry? Josh played extremely well. 

There's a contingent on this board that is more interested in Allen failing so they can be 'right' than anything else. I don't know if they're miserable Bills fans, fans of other teams, or just like to argue, but there's a solid contingent of them. They also think that being critical of Allen's shortcomings is the same thing as being obscenely negative about everything he does. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Can we stop with the accolades?  He did not get 300 yards, and thus he did not have a good game.  Now, Phillip Rivers throwing for 350 yards? That man had him a good game this week. 

This is my favorite post ever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Seth WalderESPN Analytics 

Josh Allen ranks eighth in QBR against zone coverage, but dead last (33rd) in QBR vs. man. Defenses seemingly play him accordingly: he faces man coverage at the third-highest rate (61%) among qualifying QBs.

That's because our WR struggle to separate against man and get out-muscled for the ball.  Knox and Kroft coming on is important.

Matt Parrino Article for NYUp

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/buffalo-bills-qb-josh-allen-named-afc-offensive-player-of-the-week-for-performance-vs-miami.html

• Like (+1) 2

I'm as big a critic of Josh as anyone on these boards, but I give credit where it's due. He played a great game. If he can start connecting on a good % of his deep balls and stop throwing high and behind receivers on crossing patterns, the rest is mental. I've got my fingers crossed. Now let's see him play like that against Denver and Dallas and Baltimore.

Apparently Kurt Warner is not impressed.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000001079044/Kurt-Warner-s-top-5-QBs-of-Week-11

His Top 5 for Week 11

1. Jackson

2. Darnold

3. Cousins

4. Carr

5. Prescott

SMH... Why does everyone dislike Josh?

I don't want to hear it was the Dolphins.

Carr played Cincy/ 0 wins

Darnold played Wash/ 3 wins

Cousins played Denver/ 3 wins

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's because our WR struggle to separate against man and get out-muscled for the ball.  Knox and Kroft coming on is important.

Matt Parrino Article for NYUp

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/buffalo-bills-qb-josh-allen-named-afc-offensive-player-of-the-week-for-performance-vs-miami.html

There's a built-in remedy for all of this man coverage: Josh should not hesitate to take off and run whenever he sees man looks. Take the easy 6-10 yards until they decide to use a spy or go to zone, which will open up the seems and shallow crossers.

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

There's a built-in remedy for all of this man coverage: Josh should not hesitate to take off and run whenever he sees man looks. Take the easy 6-10 yards until they decide to use a spy or go to zone, which will open up the seems and shallow crossers.

I'm pretty sure there's been a spy on Josh every game this year.

21 hours ago, timekills17 said:

22 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Theres Something about that second game vs phish... just like last year 

edit it it looks like josh is the first Bill to win this since Drew Bledsoe in 2002. 

Yes Sir... i did my best to acknowledge that. 

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Apparently Kurt Warner is not impressed.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000001079044/Kurt-Warner-s-top-5-QBs-of-Week-11

His Top 5 for Week 11

1. Jackson

2. Darnold

3. Cousins

4. Carr

5. Prescott

SMH... Why does everyone dislike Josh?

I don't want to hear it was the Dolphins.

Carr played Cincy/ 0 wins

Darnold played Wash/ 3 wins

Cousins played Denver/ 3 wins

obviously carrs 300 yds 2 total td's and 1 int all while leading his team to a whopping 17 pts against the winless bengals was more impressive than 4 tds, 300+yds of offense and 37 total points from Allen over the 2 win fins...… because BILLS.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:20 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Then I'll create your scale.

Low pleasantness - you put on a pair of pants that you haven't worn in awhile and you find your favorite jolly rancher in the pocket.

Medium pleasantness - you put on a pair of pants that you haven't worn in awhile and you find a $20 bill in the pocket.

High pleasantness - you put on a pair of pants that you haven't worn in awhile and you find blow and weed in your pocket.

Which pleasant would this be?

Hopefully one not involving the arrest.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:19 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Then you have never did it right.

You seem to be a blow expert.