Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Unfortunately progress isn't linear.

Like the stock market the graph goes up and down at the end of the investment period you want it at its peak.

Every QB has peaks a valleys its how you respond after a poor game that counts. 

I appreciate your response, but another poster said something similar and then I responded to them. Thanks though and I agree, it isn't linear and I clarified my thoughts in my response.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

I appreciate your response, but another poster said something similar and then I responded to them. Thanks though and I agree, it isn't linear and I clarified my thoughts in my response.

Sorry just got to read that post a minute or two ago.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Seth WalderESPN Analytics 

Josh Allen ranks eighth in QBR against zone coverage, but dead last (33rd) in QBR vs. man. Defenses seemingly play him accordingly: he faces man coverage at the third-highest rate (61%) among qualifying QBs.

Wow. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Theres Something about that second game vs phish... just like last year 

edit it it looks like josh is the first Bill to win this since Drew Bledsoe in 2002. 

?

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/AFC-and-NFC-Players-of-the-Week---Week-17------.aspx

Josh Allen won it week 17 last year.

8 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Josh Allen ranks eighth in QBR against zone coverage, but dead last (33rd) in QBR vs. man. Defenses seemingly play him accordingly: he faces man coverage at the third-highest rate (61%) among qualifying QBs.

Miami seemed to be playing man - i didn’t watch all 22 but that’s what the broadcast said - that Flores copied what belichick did vs Allen. Browns definitely played man (but have the corners to do so)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There was at least some zone coverage - the TD throw to Smoke was Cover 2

I just remember the broadcast pointing out early in the game that our WRs weren’t good enough to win 1:1 vs man coverage and showed them struggling vs Miami DBs - sounds like it was a mix 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Yep; people around here think 300+ yards is more important than TDs.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the primitive goal of football is to get the ball over your opponent's goal line or through their uprights, and to prevent the other team from doing the same to you???

I have this fight regularly here

I rank offenses and defenses on "PF" and "PA" and look at point differential per game

That being the goal - we score more points than they do

Others argue for yards

Still others argue for high falutin' special sauce proprietary super-secret slice 'em and dice 'em statistics

De gustibus and all that.  I tend to enjoy a dinner of beautifully grilled fish just brushed with a bit of oil, steamed Yukon potatoes, and steamed or roasted green beans

Others got to lay sauce on the fish, bake then deep fry the potatoes, and make that green bean casserole.  No disputing of taste.....

....but at the end of the day, yep yep that is the point.  Score more points than they do.

15 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Probably because our receivers don't get good separation against man and don't do a good job fighting for the ball.  Also because of that Allen is probably not trusting what he sees just yet.  He played well against Miami because he had a bit more time, our receivers got a bit of separation which naturally slows the game down for him.  As he gets more experience the game will slow down vs man as well.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Probably because our receivers don't get good separation against man and don't do a good job fighting for the ball.  Also because of that Allen is probably not trusting what he sees just yet.  He played well against Miami because he had a bit more time, our receivers got a bit of separation which naturally slows the game down for him.  As he gets more experience the game will slow down vs man as well.

This was my first thought as well

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Or you could just stop being such a ***** fan?

Everyone has a right to crit this team....I even do it sometimes...but when you dissapear for great lengths of time and ONLY surface because your favorite punching bag (Josh Allen) mis steps.........then disapear again.

That sir is the definition of "Troll"

This is a thread about him winning offensive player of the week. Are you calling that a mid-step?

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Yep; people around here think 300+ yards is more important than TDs.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the primitive goal of football is to get the ball over your opponent's goal line or through their uprights, and to prevent the other team from doing the same to you???

Yes it is.

40 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He is definitely more accurate when throwing to a WR that sits down in a zone. I would guess that this applies to most QB's.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GG said:

Good job!    Surprised they didn't give it to Lamar.  I'll take it.

I am too.  Similar stat line.  Texans defense isn't that much better than the Fins defense.  Maybe because they already gave it to him two weeks in a row prior and three times this year.