Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Anyone on the Bills' staff who didn't start looking for a new QB the day after Allen was drafted should be fired. 

I'll bite this one time.  If you are speaking in general terms about an organization always looking for talent even when they have a good starter then I understand the statement somewhat.  If you're inferring that everyone in the organization knows or should have known Allen won't be successful in the NFL the day after they drafted him, well then you're an idiot (apologies to @DC Tom but the moniker fits). 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then I'll create your scale.

Low pleasantness - you put on a pair of pants that you haven't worn in awhile and you find your favorite jolly rancher in the pocket.

Medium pleasantness - you put on a pair of pants that you haven't worn in awhile and you find a $20 bill in the pocket.

High pleasantness - you put on a pair of pants that you haven't worn in awhile and you find a blow and weed in your pocket.

Which pleasant would this be?

i never misplace my blow.  ever.

15 minutes ago, eball said:

I'll bite this one time.  If you are speaking in general terms about an organization always looking for talent even when they have a good starter then I understand the statement somewhat.  If you're inferring that everyone in the organization knows or should have known Allen won't be successful in the NFL the day after they drafted him, well then you're an idiot (apologies to @DC Tom but the moniker fits). 

Dude, you responded to my snarky posts on this very thread. I'm shooting for ironic takes on things the Allen haters have said.  But, if you didn't get that, I didn't do a very good job of writing it, so thats on me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Growth isn't linear. There are ups and downs.  The overall trajectory has been up this season. 

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I agree with your assessment.   But keep in mind, Allen is still very young and was drafted as a raw talent.   He will still have his ups and downs. If he has a bad game vs the Broncos, it is not an indication  that he is a bust.  It is all a part of his development.

Absolutely agree that "ups and downs" are in fact part of the development of any person, let alone an NFL QB. And I'm not saying that a "bad game" against the Broncos indicate "he is a bust". What I AM saying, is that against better Defenses he's struggled consistently over the course of the last 1+ seasons and that in order to demonstrate true NFL QB permanency, he needs to be better against those Defenses and the Broncos game is a start (but also not a 'finish' if he doesn't do well). Essentially, let's celebrate the great week and the fact he's grown over this season and remarkably so since the *Pats game. But, let's keep in mind that his upward trend toward a good to great NFL QB will still take multiple games against good Defenses and continuous development before we can all feel rest assured he is in fact, the QB the Bills have been searching for since Kelly retired. 

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Dude, you responded to my snarky posts on this very thread. I'm shooting for ironic takes on things the Allen haters have said.  But, if you didn't get that, I didn't do a very good job of writing it, so thats on me. 

My bad, it's hard to keep up with the scads of Allen-despisers around here.  My apologies!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Run the K gun. When the Bills went to the super bowl 4 yrs in a row offense would bog down until they ran the gun.It was simple play calls but they ran it well. This kid can run it.He has proven it the couple of games they have tried it. Also at the end of games.

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Whatever.....I need to see him throw for 350 including an underhand sideline throw where he drops it in the bucket with a dime or a quarter or whatever with the ball spinning backwards through the defenders hands and Brown doesn't actually have to use his hands to catch the ball  -it simply sticks to his body with the magic that the elite passers in the NFL have....

I sometimes wish we had a feature to somehow tag posts and send them to a "Classic" forum.

3 minutes ago, Chasco284 said:

Run the K gun. When the Bills went to the super bowl 4 yrs in a row offense would bog down until they ran the gun.It was simple play calls but they ran it well. This kid can run it.He has proven it the couple of games they have tried it. Also at the end of games.

Honey, That was Then.  This is Now.

Even in the KGun years ....it became less effective after a while because different defenses "solved" it.

38 minutes ago, eball said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe you may have slipped and fallen into an intended Sar Chasm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I sometimes wish we had a feature to somehow tag posts and send them to a "Classic" forum.

Honey, That was Then.  This is Now.

Even in the KGun years ....it became less effective after a while because different defenses "solved" it.

Maybe you should watch Tom Brady run it sometime. Doesnt look like it's been solved. You need the right personnel aka Andre Reed Thurman Thomas James Lofton Don Beebe etc.

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

It'll always be the next two games, right? ?

I was just saying that Denver may be a trap game and the Cowboys on National TV is his biggest stage.  If he shows he can be consistent, I believe he's turned the corner and can be a good player in this league.