Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

Good for Allen.  I am a bit surprised because I expected Jackson to get it after that game against Houston.  Similar overall numbers (so it was deserved), but I didn’t expect Buffalo/Allen to get love from the national media over Baltimore/Jackson. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2

I was in the camp of seriously questioning Beane's decision to Draft Allen but once he was Drafted, I embraced him as the Buffalo Bills QB and never looked back hoping it was the right decision. That said, I've also been one carefully watching his development and his challenges to see if he can actually improve in the areas that have been rehearsed and debated ad nauseum. His Pats game was without a doubt concerning as I thought we'd see a major set-back from the year 2 progress I, along with everyone else, hoped and believed we'd see - given his final quarter of games last year. 

So his last four to five games have been mildly encouraging to see his upward trend toward marked improvement. This last week against Miami was terrific and he's earned this recognition and I truly hope the upward trajectory continues over the rest of the season. But, and this is important, this week's success - while sweet and enjoyable - will be nullified if he does not continue to grow and mature to the point of being a very good to great QB. This week we need to see continuity of improvement, continued good decision-making against a much better pass Defense, reading and adjusting to what the Defense gives him, smart runs not panicked ones, check-downs, etc. I believe we will see it - but needs to show itself before we can breath the collective sigh of relief that we've all been hoping for in the realm of a Franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I was in the camp of seriously questioning Beane's decision to Draft Allen but once he was Drafted, I embraced him as the Buffalo Bills QB and never looked back hoping it was the right decision. That said, I've also been one carefully watching his development and his challenges to see if he can actually improve in the areas that have been rehearsed and debated ad nauseum. His Pats game was without a doubt concerning as I thought we'd see a major set-back from the year 2 progress I, along with everyone else, hoped and believed we'd see - given his final quarter of games last year. 

So his last four to five games have been mildly encouraging to see his upward trend toward marked improvement. This last week against Miami was terrific and he's earned this recognition and I truly hope the upward trajectory continues over the rest of the season. But, and this is important, this week's success - while sweet and enjoyable - will be nullified if he does not continue to grow and mature to the point of being a very good to great QB. This week we need to see continuity of improvement, continued good decision-making against a much better pass Defense, reading and adjusting to what the Defense gives him, smart runs not panicked ones, check-downs, etc. I believe we will see it - but needs to show itself before we can breath the collective sigh of relief that we've all been hoping for in the realm of a Franchise QB.

Growth isn't linear. There are ups and downs.  The overall trajectory has been up this season. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I agree with your assessment.   But keep in mind, Allen is still very young and was drafted as a raw talent.   He will still have his ups and downs. If he has a bad game vs the Broncos, it is not an indication  that he is a bust.  It is all a part of his development.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

last year he turned it on in the 2nd half, could be the same here.  lets go

He and Foster both.  Cmon Robert shake off your funk and get ballin'

Wait, does this mean I was incorrect when I yelled at the TV  "you drafted the wrong Josh you idiots.   It shlda been Rosen. !  "

• Like (+1) 2