Bills have tie breakers over Colts and Raiders

dma0034

Meaning even if they finish with the same record the Bills will own the tiebreaker. So if the Bills win 10 games they will likely clinch a playoff spot (as long as the Steelers don't win every game that isn't the Browns or the Browns lose one game)

Edited by dma0034
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, I get the premise, and it’s not a bad thing to point out. Just seems early to be playing the tie-breaker game already. 

Got ya.  We're usually talking about who we should draft five months out at this point in the season so I consider this thread an upgrade.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I mean it's rare to have one so early in the season is all. Just makes this game that much more important. As far as "too-early' we have all looked at the schedule and know whats ahead for the Bills... like to think of the tie breakers in case

• Like (+1) 2

Too early? Have you seen the schedule and the honey nut cluster of teams competing for a wild card? Maybe a week early at the most and that’s only if you’re an optimist.

But considering that the only 2 games we’re expected to win are the Broncos next week and the Jets in week 17, we’re going to be talking tie breakers for the rest of the season.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

In common games the Bills are 3-0 (Dolphins-Titans) and the Colts are 2-2 (Wins versus Broncos and Titans, Losses to Dolphins and Steelers).

So a win against the Broncos (or Steelers later) will give them the tiebreaker versus the Colts

Good analysis OP.

By extension, we should hope that they don't win their division but do enough to knock off the other two teams who don't either, especially Jacksonville as we have the head to head over Tennessee.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why?

It's mid November.

This is the perfect time to start discussing tiebreakers.

Too many possibilities yet with 6 games to play, and the problem with head to head tiebreakers is that they don’t mean much when multiple teams are tied.. witness the Bills getting in over Chargers in 2017..

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Too many possibilities yet with 6 games to play, and the problem with head to head tiebreakers is that they don’t mean much when multiple teams are tied.. witness the Bills getting in over Chargers in 2017..

Dude... have you been a Bills fan for the last couple decades?

Being able to optimistically talk about tiebreakers as we enter the back half of November is a GOOD thing. Let people enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Dude... have you been a Bills fan for the last couple decades?

Being able to optimistically talk about tiebreakers as we enter the back half of November is a GOOD thing. Let people enjoy it.

I’ve been a Bills fan for 38 years..

At 7-3, being  optimistically able to talk about playoffs without hypothetical tiebreaker scenarios  is way more of a good thing...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

How does it work with the Dolphins? We played them twice and the Colts only once - so in the common games record do we get credit for both wins? 

Having the tiebreaker over the Colts is important in my opinion. I still think the Texans ultimately win the South and the two spots come down to the Bills, Raiders and Colts. 

• Like (+1) 1