Bills work out several FA O linemen

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Ty is done for the year and he very well knew it when they took him off the field.  You could see it in his face.  Our depth at Tackle was always a question going into the year and unfortunately the worst has happened.  Ford will be fine and Bates is questionable at best, but he is now the man. It will be very hard (impossible ?) though to find someone capable who can learn the offense and play with 6 weeks to go.  They are really looking for a backup to Bates at this point.  

As for Henderson, no thanks.  He has had plenty of chances here and he is unlikely to get one more from this management team.  

Are you trying to put up a serious argument that Henderson is worse than any of those deadweights?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Are you trying to put up a serious argument that Henderson is worse than any of those deadweights?

No not really.  What I am saying is they are not looking for a starter, and Henderson’s background including many years with the Bills is filled with problems, so there is absolutely no need to even look at him.  

Just now, FLFan said:

No not really.  What I am saying is they are not looking for a starter, and Henderson’s background including many years with the Bills is filled with problems, so there is absolutely no need to even look at him.  

It is week 12, deep into November.  You're looking to fill a 3rd string depth RT.  You are not getting anyone better than Seantrel, especially since you are NOT looking for a starter.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GG said:

It is week 12, deep into November.  You're looking to fill a 3rd string depth RT.  You are not getting anyone better than Seantrel, especially since you are NOT looking for a starter.

Sorry, but I do not agree.  He is a waste of space.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Seantrel wasn't awful here, and showed some promise at RT.  I just hope McD keeps an open mind about Henderson and walks away from the Carolina bargain rack that he is so enamored with.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Sam Young is not an upgrade from Cody Ford.

That's not what they are after. They are trying to fill the emergency backup RT role. There's no one good who has just been sitting unsigned right now. Whoever they sign is going to be pretty bad. They are just hoping to pick the best one of the worst ones available. 

2 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

Didn't Bates play some in a game this year & do ok ?  Or did he fill in at guard ?

He came in during the Titans game and he held his own fine - the offensive drive that finished the game had back ups all along the right side of the line, including Bates, and was one of the few games this year where our offense put the game away late.

We have depth in Bates behind Ford, but doesn't hurt to do due diligence in finding further depth in case anyone else goes down. Even though he's also a rookie with little game experience, I wouldn't sleep on Bates as depth at the very least.

He apparently saw reps in the Washington game as well...would have to re-watch that one to see.

Edited by ctk232
  • Thank you (+1) 1