10-4 Pats vs. 10-4 Bills in week 16

MClem06

1 hour ago, MClem06 said:

An unlikely scenario but IF the next 4 weeks play out 1-3 for the pats (CINCY w, Texans L, Cowboys L, Chiefs L) , and BILLS 3-1 (Baltimore L, Broncos w, Cowboys w, Steelers w) our records going into Gillette would be the battle to win the AFC East.   Not bloody likely but what a scenario it would be.  This game and the following (Us vs Jets and Pats vs Dolphins) would also then be a nail biter. 

The Pats are winning without Bradys Arm right now so it's not out of the question that the defense has a few bad games against some very decent teams besides Cincy.   

We win the AFC EAST , Brady and Bill quit and we reign supreme over the AFC East for the next decade or so and pink elephants will fly out of my arse i know i know.  

Drugs

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I just want the Bills to get in as a WC. Maybe next year they get the division.

Next year the Bills will need to win the division to get into the playoffs.  Next year the AFC East plays both the NFC West and the AFC West.  With the Bills and Pats holding the first two positions in the AFC East this year, both will play equivalently hard schedules with a lot of travel, which never goes well for the Bills.  Teams from other divisions of the AFC will have a much easier schedule than the Bills, and both WCs will come from elsewhere.  I think only the AFC East winner will make it next year.  And, I think we have a shot at the East next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cd1 said:

OP: Please pm me cause a friend of mine wants some of what you're on...  ?

If i was on something i wouldn't have stated that its a very unlikely scenario that we have a chance to take over the AFC East this year.  Man I can't say the unicorn is a unicorn. 

Sure would be great if this scenario would play out, but like the OP acknowledges highly unlikely. Everyone keeps commenting that the Browns game really hurt us and I can’t really disagree, but it could also have been a blessing in disguise. Following that dismal effort McD came out with the need to play “fearless” edict and the results last Sunday were very encouraging. I know everyone can say you need to consider the opponent, but the change in overall team intensity both on offense and defense (let’s forget about ST for now) was undeniable. Hopefully this can be carried forward from here and lead to some wins in games most have been considering sure losses for some time now.

If we had eeked out a win over the Browns maybe this new philosophy would not have come to be and the team would have continued with the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it mentality”. This most likely would have led to the Bills losing more games than winning down the stretch. 

One can only hope anyways!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MClem06 said:

If i was on something i wouldn't have stated that its a very unlikely scenario that we have a chance to take over the AFC East this year.  Man I can't say the unicorn is a unicorn. 

Why is it unlikely? Serious question. Are the Pats the kiler team we have seen in the past? They are 1 or two injuries from mediocrity. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I've had this overwhelming feeling that Dallas plays up for the NE game and wins then they go back to Dallas hungover and loss to Buffalo on Thanksgiving day 

As you and the OP made arguments, my response is “a boy can dream”.  I’d be extremely happy if we went 11-5 and beat those bastardiges in Foxborough, and still get the 5th seed as a wildcard.  Then we face the #4, which will probably come out of the South which is a winnable game and see what happens.  If we won that game, we’d get the #2, which probably will be the Ravens, but could be the Chiefs.  Most likely the Ravens, and would be a fun game, win or lose.

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Chargers made a colossal error abandoning the run last night against KC.

Dumbest thing I saw from an entire weekend of football. I kept watching Rivers drop back and thinking "Did anyone tell the new OC that KC can't stop the run...and, oh, yeah, he has Melvin Gordon?"

(Actually the dumbest thing was listening to Booger explain how a really bad Mahomes pass 'is just not the kind of throw most quarterbacks can make.')

3 hours ago, eball said:

And the Eagles game, and the first Pats*** game.

And this ashtray.

• Like (+1) 1