Walton RB, Mia Cut - Father of the year

Virgil

Miami should be held accountable. They signed him even after another scumbag organization, the Bengals, thought he was too scummy for them.  The Cowboys do the same thing.  The nfl is too soft to really enforce anything but if you want to clean up the league, you hold the organizations that keeps signing trash accountable. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm not trying to call you out or anything. I just think that nobody needs to be taught that hitting a woman, much less a pregnant woman, is wrong. That's should be an innate understanding.

I don't think I need to sit my 4-year-old son down and teach him that striking a pregnant woman in the face repeatedly is a no-no. It's pretty obvious and takes a terrible, twisted person to do something like that no matter how they are brought up.

Yes and no IMHO.  I remember very clearly when I was 5 or  6 years old or so and we were going over to my Aunt and Uncles house.  They had sons and daughters and we only had boys at our house.  He told me that girls are not as strong as boys and that I should never roughhouse with or hit one. 

I don't know that I ever would anyway, but this made an impression on me that still holds to this very day.

Perhaps Walton's Dad never told him this?  Not that that's an excuse for what he did.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28114827/mark-walton-cut-dolphins-rb-allegedly-struck-pregnant-woman

Apparently, he found out in the last 24 hours that he is the father.

It's amazing the piece of ***** humans that walk this earth.  To think, someone, somewhere, bought this guys jersey

Let's not convict him yet. She may have provoked him. The media loves to sensationalize abuse of women by men because of its agenda. People are too soft these days. 

And if this was your reaction, well...I don't know what to say. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

Let's not convict him yet. She may have provoked him. The media loves to sensationalize abuse of women by men because of its agenda. People are too soft these days. 

And if this was your reaction, well...I don't know what to say. 

Welp. This is a take. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's less the "young" and "money" parts, and more so the "raised their entire life being taught that physical aggression = success".

So many of these football players spend the majority of time through their formative years being taught to be the strongest, most aggressive, most violent they can be in order to succeed on the field. And for so many of these players, it's the only parenting/leadership they get.

It's why so many of them struggle after their football life is over, as well.

Just watched the Ron Artest documentary recently and along with his mental health issues, he had a father who taught him that you had to be the toughest and strongest to survive. They had a good relationship, but he kept coming back to that point, that he was raised to destroy whoever or whatever was in front of him from the time he was 5, man woman or child. 

He took ownership of it after the fact, but said that his dad was a big factor in his mindset.

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Welp. This is a take. 

I guess it was a bad joke. It just seems that there is always one or two people who blame the victim and then extrapolate the event into a broader social issue in the U.S. e.g. media, soft liberals, pc culture, etc.

I would describe what I would do with these sorts of human trash,  but the board likely has rules against such verbiage....

29 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

I guess it was a bad joke. It just seems that there is always one or two people who blame the victim and then extrapolate the event into a broader social issue in the U.S. e.g. media, soft liberals, pc culture, etc.

Ah, I gotcha. I missed the irony of what you were saying. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28114827/mark-walton-cut-dolphins-rb-allegedly-struck-pregnant-woman

Apparently, he found out in the last 24 hours that he is the father.

It's amazing the piece of ***** humans that walk this earth.  To think, someone, somewhere, bought this guys jersey

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

What a despicable piece of garbage.

I agree. Dolphins jerseys are garbage... just like so many of their players. 

"The Dolphins are now likely in the market for a new lead running back starting in 2020. Kalen Ballage has assumed that role in Walton's absence with little success, averaging just 1.9 yards per carry. Patrick Laird and Myles Gaskin have received limited reps behind Ballage. The trio, along with De'Lance Turner, will carry the load for the rest of the season."

Damn.  Talk about an empty cupboard!