Speculation that AB could return to Pats after apology

YoloinOhio

Would you pay $10 million to cursh NE's spirit and hurt their chances of winning it all this year?

Sign AB right now, let him sit, tweet, whatever. Nothing he could say or do would get him released. If the NFl suspends him or exempt lists him, fine.

It's all about keeping him off of NE. Nothing else. 

16 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

What about their salary cap?

Doesn't his old contract still count as dead cap money? you can't "reinstate" a contract, can you?

Should the New England Patriots elect to resign Antonio Brown, they would be given salary cap relief for both the original and reinstated contracts.   They would also be granted a 4th round compensatory pick in the 2020 NFL draft.

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Highly unlikely an NFL team wants him at this juncture of the season.  Even the Patriots.  

He's Richie Incognito without the violence and I have no doubt the Raiders have snapped their backs in keeping Richie on the field.  

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He hasn't shown up and talked to the league yet.

League gonna look pretty much no-account if they let him dis them off and not even talk to 'em after making a thing that's holding the investigation open.

They met last Thursday

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28086474/source-antonio-brown-meeting-nfl-lasted-8-hours

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, section122 said:

OK, so the investigation could be wrapping up.  Decision time for the Pats.

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Something tells me Belichick is quite satisfied with what he has.  He clearly knows the "apology" came from AB's distraught agent, not Brown.

I don't think Belichick**** is quite satisfied.  Tommy Boy ain't quite satisfied and if Tommy's not quite satisfied, Billy's not quite satisfied.

Wait.  Maybe I should reword that?  ?