Speculation that AB could return to Pats after apology

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Written eloquently by Drew Rosenhaus

AB is still under investigation by the NFL as of mid-October

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2019/10/roger-goodell-offers-vague-update-on-status-of-antonio-brown-investigation.html

Last I heard, the failure of AB to meet with the investigators is one factor holding the investigation open and he ought to be aware of that:

https://sports.yahoo.com/source-antonio-brown-hasnt-interviewed-with-nfl-investigators-leaving-leagues-probe-open-indefinitely-063528904.html

At present, AB is not on the commissioner's exempt list, but the League specifically said they would re-visit that if he signed with a team

“Antonio Brown was released today by the New England Patriots and is currently an unrestricted free agent,” the NFL said in its statement. “Our office is presently investigating multiple allegations, some of which are the subject of pending litigation. We have as yet made no findings regarding these issues. The investigation is ongoing and will be pursued vigorously and expeditiously.

“As long as Mr. Brown is a free agent, placement on the Commissioner’s exempt list is not appropriate. If he is signed by a club, such placement may become appropriate at any time depending on the status of the investigation. Upon the conclusion of the investigation, he may also be subject to discipline if the investigation finds that he has violated the law or league policies.”

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Can he return to NE?

If so, I will vomit in my mouth.

See above.  Unclear.  At this point with an open investigation (with which AB has not cooperated), I would think a club that signs him, sees him go straight onto the Exempt list.

• Like (+1) 3

My biggest wish is that he gets upset with the Patriots* and publicly admits that they reached out to him or his agent to tell him they would sign him if he could get out of his contract with the Raiders.  Even better would be "smoking gun" type evidence showing them providing advice on how to get them to cut him.  Tamper-gate.  a boy can dream...

• Like (+1) 1

Brady will s*ck Satan's d*** just to get one more ring if he has to. No surprise here. I don't think Kraft brings him back after his "different strokes for different folks" little quip. The guy is a douche, he's mentally unstable, and he's only sorry because he sees them $$$ getting flushed down the toilet on a daily basis. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Written eloquently by Drew Rosenhaus

No doubt. It was not written by him, AB. I'm sure everyone here has seen an example of his communication skills? He should be tried for crimes against the English language. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

My biggest wish is that he gets upset with the Patriots* and publicly admits that they reached out to him or his agent to tell him they would sign him if he could get out of his contract with the Raiders.  Even better would be "smoking gun" type evidence showing them providing advice on how to get them to cut him.  Tamper-gate.  a boy can dream...

That would be awesome....

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Does this smell of desperation?  

Tommy has looked pedestrian at times this season and has complained about his troubles 2 weeks straight IIRC 

He's top 7 in passing yards.  But he looks mediocre not because he doesn't have AB, it's because he's getting beat on.  The Eagles pounded him all night. 

Anyway, how does AB beat this sexual assault claim?  And given ABs desperation, it's hardly a mysterious surprise he would start licking boots of Kraft--the team that had him before the charges arose.

Edited by Mr. WEO