Alex Smith’s Recovery

youngjebrey

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Play again?  To hell with that.  He has plenty of money.

I just hope he can live a long life free of pain and debilitation.

Alex Smith net worth, career earnings and salary: Alex Smith is an American professional football player who has a net worth of $55 million dollars. Alex Smith has earned his net worth as a starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League.

--------------

Wish him the best with his future endeavors but far from feel sorry for him. Money for a lifetime, gorgeous wife and overall good dude. He'll be okay ?

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Not many players in the NFL right now that have gone through as much ***** as him, and been such a great dude in the process. 

- drafted by a terrible team and playing for terrible coaches which led to playing poorly (on him as well) and being labled a bust.

- finally got a competent coach and started to look like a good QB.

- replaced by a guy who athletically just had more to offer (which, in hindsight is a questionable decision after all).

-traded to a team that made him look very good- played with a great coach and looked really good for several years.

-replaced again by a superior talent and maybe an all time great.

- traded to a team that aspires to one day be as prestigious as a burning pile of *****.

- makes said dumpster fire look really good for half a season

- gets devestating injury that potentially ends his career. 

All that to say- best wishes to him. My advice would be to get right physically and find a new profession. Football isn’t worth the risk at this point. 

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Alex Smith net worth, career earnings and salary: Alex Smith is an American professional football player who has a net worth of $55 million dollars. Alex Smith has earned his net worth as a starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League.

--------------

Wish him the best with his future endeavors but far from feel sorry for him. Money for a lifetime, gorgeous wife and overall good dude. He'll be okay ?

Career earnings put him at 161 million currently.  He did make 27 on the signing bonus from Washington, and the guaranteed salaries of 13 mil in 2018 and 15 mil in 2019.  2020 is i believe injury guaranteed - so there's another 16 million.  It sucks that his career is over - but he played 10 games for Washington and will get 71 million dollars.  I'd cut my leg off for 71 million dollars...

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Play again?  To hell with that.  He has plenty of money.

I just hope he can live a long life free of pain and debilitation.

...the multiple infections post surgery were astonishing......forget football lad.......just live a normal life without it....Godspeed............

I wish him health and happiness. Some people don’t do it just for the money. It’s hard to be great if that’s your sole motivation. If he loves it so much he feels he has to try again, I wish him well. 

He’s got my respect for the effort he’s put into his recovery. Most people would be more “woe is me” and roll over against such odds. 

I personally would try to get as healthy as possible so I could enjoy my family. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Career earnings put him at 161 million currently.  He did make 27 on the signing bonus from Washington, and the guaranteed salaries of 13 mil in 2018 and 15 mil in 2019.  2020 is i believe injury guaranteed - so there's another 16 million.  It sucks that his career is over - but he played 10 games for Washington and will get 71 million dollars.  I'd cut my leg off for 71 million dollars...

Not a bad counter point. ?

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

I wish him health and happiness. Some people don’t do it just for the money. It’s hard to be great if that’s your sole motivation. If he loves it so much he feels he has to try again, I wish him well. 

He’s got my respect for the effort he’s put into his recovery. Most people would be more “woe is me” and roll over against such odds. 

I personally would try to get as healthy as possible so I could enjoy my family. 

He living in DC?  Or probably moving out to california to enjoy his retirement

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Who am I to say but ...

I think, on this one, you shoulda stopped there

If anyone in the game of football has earned the right to choose his course for himself, that would be Alex Smith

He decides when the fork is stuck in him and the game is over - no one else

If he wants to come back and he physically can, I hope he does

If he wants to enjoy life with his wife and kids, I hope he does

19 hours ago, zow2 said:

It's almost impossible that he will ever play again. He may not even want to anymore.  17 surgeries so far.  He's a tough guy for dealing with this injury.

I had a kidney stone once,was horrible

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Or you can be like Brady, his sole motivation is playing butt grabaroo and getting victory french kisses from teammates and coaches, staff members and possibly even the janitor while he's in the closet deflating Tom's balls...