Alex Smith’s Recovery

youngjebrey

I don’t know if anyone has seen this video posted by his wife but it’s inspiring. Poor guy has been through hell and back. I’m rooting for his comeback but if he never plays a down of football again he has my respect forever. 

Edited by youngjebrey
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Not many players in the NFL right now that have gone through as much ***** as him, and been such a great dude in the process. 

- drafted by a terrible team and playing for terrible coaches which led to playing poorly (on him as well) and being labled a bust.

- finally got a competent coach and started to look like a good QB.

- replaced by a guy who athletically just had more to offer (which, in hindsight is a questionable decision after all).

-traded to a team that made him look very good- played with a great coach and looked really good for several years.

-replaced again by a superior talent and maybe an all time great.

- traded to a team that aspires to one day be as prestigious as a burning pile of *****.

- makes said dumpster fire look really good for half a season

- gets devestating injury that potentially ends his career. 

All that to say- best wishes to him. My advice would be to get right physically and find a new profession. Football isn’t worth the risk at this point. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not many players in the NFL right now that have gone through as much ***** as him, and been such a great dude in the process. 

- drafted by a terrible team and playing for terrible coaches which led to playing poorly (on him as well) and being labled a bust.

- replaced by a guy who athletically just had more to offer (which, in hindsight is a questionable decision after all).

-traded to a team that made him look very good- played with a great coach and looked really good for several years.

- traded to a team that aspires to one day be as prestigious as a burning pile of *****.

All that to say- best wishes to him. My advice would be to get right physically and find a new profession. Football isn’t worth the risk at this point. 

That's a good summary! An Alex Smith Football life would be interesting for sure. Best of luck to him.

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Didn't look that way last night! ?

29 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's almost impossible that he will ever play again. He may not even want to anymore.  17 surgeries so far.  He's a tough guy for dealing with this injury.

There is no way...no team is going to clear him medically...i think the doctors would be worried about being held personally liable or maybe even having their licenses suspended if they got reviewed if something happened.

38 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

There is no way...no team is going to clear him medically...i think the doctors would be worried about being held personally liable or maybe even having their licenses suspended if they got reviewed if something happened.

Having a reason to rehab and staying motivated to get back in the league might keep his mental state very healthy.  But yeah, he's never going to play again whether doctors clear him or not.  He can't walk properly and may never be able to.. let alone run, plant, take a hit, etc..