Are we in trouble with Ford?

Ramza86

It depends how much help they plan on giving him...having an extra TE or RB chip the defender on the way out would help a lot...

Miller while not having his best season can still single handedly ruin a gameplan if you let him go up against someone who struggles with speed rushers as much as Ford has.

I'm sure they'll gameplan to give him some help out there. 

I think he'll be alright, but I guess it depends on what exactly people expect? I feel like some people won't accept anything less than absolutely perfect play. "Yeah, the Bills may have won 63-3, BUT.... Tre White allowed a reception! Cody Ford allowed a tackle for loss! Tremaine Edmunds didn't tackle a guy until he had gained four yards already, FOUR! This is unacceptable and the Bills are in trouble, ohhhh boy lemme tell youse guys, they are in for it. Worst franchise in the history of franchises!" I mean, the other team is gonna make plays, doesn't mean we need to question everything about the team. They're a resilient group with a lot of work to do yet but they're figuring out ways to win.

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I think he'll be alright, but I guess it depends on what exactly people expect? I feel like some people won't accept anything less than absolutely perfect play. "Yeah, the Bills may have won 63-3, BUT.... Tre White allowed a reception! Cody Ford allowed a tackle for loss! Tremaine Edmunds didn't tackle a guy until he had gained four yards already, FOUR! This is unacceptable and the Bills are in trouble, ohhhh boy lemme tell youse guys, they are in for it. Worst franchise in the history of franchises!" I mean, the other team is gonna make plays, doesn't mean we need to question everything about the team. They're a resilient group with a lot of work to do yet but they're figuring out ways to win.

This

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

LOL, I hear you!  On the other hand, allowing an onside kick, a 101 yd kickoff return, and a couple of long bomb passes (50 yds, 45 yds) to DeVante Parker is a bit further than not "absolutely perfect"

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Capco said:

Von Miller will destroy Ford at times during Sunday's game, and people will be grabbing their pitchforks without realizing that he makes most tackles look like fools.  

Overreactions aside, it's still something that concerns me considering what we've seen from Ford so far.  I do think he will get better but he's not there yet imo.  

I have not watched a Broncos game but Miller is not playing at his previous standard of team are able to take plan him out.  Expect Bills to see what has worked for other teams and copy.

chip by TE / chip by RB / double team help from TE or OG will help cover Ford throughout the game against Miller...Miller isnt the best pass rusher in football, hes a really good pass rusher, but with proper gameplanning, which I expect, we should be OK. Especially if we are smart and run an up tempo offense that Denvers D struggles with. 

This is a big reason why our staff has been rotating Ford at OT all season, to have him progress along slowly because they knew he needed work. The next few weeks will be a test to see how much he has absorbed now that he will be getting all the reps. 

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

@Ramza86 was the OP not me, so you lost me

My bad, 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess my first question is: do we have any word about Nsehke's injury yet?  Yesterday McDermott was "still undergoing tests, too soon to tell", which actually doesn't sound like a broken bone to me.  If it's broken, you can usually tell immediately on x-ray.  I would assume he's out for Sunday regardless but do we actually know yet if he's lost for the season?

Thank you for the reminder.  I hope you are right!

PS elsewhere, people asked if it was possible that LaAdrian Waddle might be eligible to return from IR.  His injury was a torn quad, and at the time was announced as "season ending".  The fact that they reached that conclusion so quickly might imply it is a Grade III tear with predicted "8-10 month" recovery time.  Even if it is Grade II with "2-3 month recovery time", the fact that he would need to restrict activity for 2-3 months seems to make it unlikely he would be in shape to return

Not sure it matters - I believe he was IR’d in the preseason and is ineligible to return.

He’d have to be released with an injury settlement.

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Sharing the work at tackle was a good idea for a rookie.  But, its 10 games in now, and he isn't so much a rookie anymore.  Still, the question is fair and the result is TBD.

Oh, he's a rookie.

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Great thing we took Ford over Metcalf. It’s not like our young QB needs a big physical target to throw to.

Or an o-lineman to protect him. Let's stay on topic. Please.