Are we in trouble with Ford?

Ramza86

Just now, scribo said:

He wasn't the one who started the thread or asked anything.

I see, foolish of me....

Von Miller will destroy Ford at times during Sunday's game, and people will be grabbing their pitchforks without realizing that he makes most tackles look like fools.  

Overreactions aside, it's still something that concerns me considering what we've seen from Ford so far.  I do think he will get better but he's not there yet imo.  

I am thinking we may still see a rotation here with Ford and now Bates. Bates showed fairly well in the preseason no matter where they seemed to put him. I think they have faith in the young man. He hasn't been active because it wasn't deemed necessary until now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Capco said:

Von Miller will destroy Ford at times during Sunday's game, and people will be grabbing their pitchforks without realizing that he makes most tackles look like fools.  

Overreactions aside, it's still something that concerns me considering what we've seen from Ford so far.  I do think he will get better but he's not there yet imo.  

He has gotten better as of late.  I think people just assume Ty has completely taken over because Ford didn't play against Washington.  That hasn't been the case. He played against Cleveland and Miaimi, and he did just fine. He is getting there. 

But you are right, he will struggle mightily and give up sacks to Miller.  That, however, is not an indictment of his play. 

• Like (+1) 1

I guess my first question is: do we have any word about Nsehke's injury yet?  Yesterday McDermott was "still undergoing tests, too soon to tell", which actually doesn't sound like a broken bone to me.  If it's broken, you can usually tell immediately on x-ray.  I would assume he's out for Sunday regardless but do we actually know yet if he's lost for the season?

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

When the Bills played Denver in 2017 they had a good game plan and Jordan Mills, with some help, handled Vonn Miller pretty well.  Jordan Mills.  Ford had been playing much better and will be fine on Sunday.  

Thank you for the reminder.  I hope you are right!

PS elsewhere, people asked if it was possible that LaAdrian Waddle might be eligible to return from IR.  His injury was a torn quad, and at the time was announced as "season ending".  The fact that they reached that conclusion so quickly might imply it is a Grade III tear with predicted "8-10 month" recovery time.  Even if it is Grade II with "2-3 month recovery time", the fact that he would need to restrict activity for 2-3 months seems to make it unlikely he would be in shape to return