Lee Smith and Pat DiMarco update...

eball

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Shady has also been a healthy scratch this year.

You really want our locker room dealing with that?

Was it a problem in the Chiefs' locker room?

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Shady has also been a healthy scratch this year.

You really want our locker room dealing with that?

He was a healthy scratch because Reid is managing workload given his age and accumulated wear and tear. He doesn't want him broken down in December/January. McCoy is good with it and said he felt better than he's felt in a long time at this point of the season. 

Edited by dave mcbride

42 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He was a healthy scratch because Reid is managing workload given his age and accumulated wear and tear. He doesn't want him broken down in December/January. McCoy is good with it and said he felt better than he's felt in a long time at this point of the season. 

Dave my point is do you really think Shady would have been ok with that in OUR locker room?

47 minutes ago, GG said:

Was it a problem in the Chiefs' locker room?

GG

Big difference dont you think?   Shady coming off being cut vs being a leader in our locker room.

Surely you can see the difference here.

8 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Daboll changes his offensive gameplan massively game to game. I will be happy when I see something consistently working. 

It would not shock me to see DiMarco out wide this week again and Lee Smith getting his 3 penalties. 

Perhaps lee smith can be inactive and Duke Williams can be activated in his place?

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, eball said:

From the Buffalo News this a.m.; should make a lot of folks happy.  Perhaps this is a sign that the Bills are finally figuring out "who they are" on offense and creating an identity -- or it's just the personnel grouping that they felt worked best against Miami.  In either case, 37 pts and 400+ of offense is nothing to sneeze at.

1. The Bills didn’t use their “heavy” offensive package much. Blocking tight end Lee Smith played a season-low seven snaps (10%), while fullback Patrick DiMarco was on the field for just four snaps (6%).

Good, I’m not seeing any great advantage of 22 personnel.  I guess it’s supposed to open up the run game or offer max protection.  All it does is bring everyone to the middle of the field.  

I think that Running out of 11 personnel more often would allow Josh to get better 1-on-1 matchups.  He seems to do better against man-to-man than zone 

44 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Dave my point is do you really think Shady would have been ok with that in OUR locker room?

GG

Big difference dont you think?   Shady coming off being cut vs being a leader in our locker room.

Surely you can see the difference here.

That's a false projection.   If there was concern about sharing the load, you would have seen that as soon as Bills signed Gore and then drafted Devon.   All along Shady was a great team mate and was very gracious on his way out.  

There's nothing to suggest he wouldn't embrace the same load sharing role that's in KC now. In fact bills would be in far better shape if they could alternate Gore and Shady, and have both healthy in Dec

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

Shady still has some wiggle left in him.

Was kind of relieved that we would leave the hammy issues and missed games he had behind with our shiny new RB, then Singletary pulled his hammy. The irony was not lost on me.

Eh we don’t quite know how he would feel as a “rotational” back behind Singletary.  He’s fine on Kansas City playing under his pal Andy Reid, but it does make me wonder if he starts to complain after a 6 carry game.  

I think that factored into the decision of cutting him.  If Shady is on the team and they kept Gore, it would likely be Singletary as the healthy scratch each week.  

You need to have your rookie RB on the field - not on the bench.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

That's a false projection.   If there was concern about sharing the load, you would have seen that as soon as Bills signed Gore and then drafted Devon.   All along Shady was a great team mate and was very gracious on his way out.  

There's nothing to suggest he wouldn't embrace the same load sharing role that's in KC now. In fact bills would be in far better shape if they could alternate Gore and Shady, and have both healthy in Dec

That looks good on paper.  Or in Madden.  But I think that loaded backfield is not practical given the way they wanted to develop Singletary this year

8 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Good, I’m not seeing any great advantage of 22 personnel.  I guess it’s supposed to open up the run game or offer max protection.  All it does is bring everyone to the middle of the field.  

I think that Running out of 11 personnel more often would allow Josh to get better 1-on-1 matchups.  He seems to do better against man-to-man than zone 

Yeah, give me 11 with Singletary/Knox or 12 adding Kroft.  Enough of this "heavy" crap.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GG said:

That's a false projection.   If there was concern about sharing the load, you would have seen that as soon as Bills signed Gore and then drafted Devon.   All along

Shady was a great team mate and was very gracious on his way out.  

He was for sure. 

12 minutes ago, GG said:

He would have no role on this team. He was a bad short yardage back last year and if he was on the team, there would hardly be a role for him, or they'd squeeze out Singletary's carries, which would hurt the team. 

Plus, they may have seen that Shady was looking at a 3-4 carry/game year (at most) and thought he deserved a better end to his career. Lesean would have no role in this offense that's not already filled.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think that given Gore and McCoy's relationship, it would have worked just fine.

There hasnt been a time when Frank Gore wasnt the "leader" in the running back room. He would have slid in here and McCoy and Singletary would have fallen in line because that's the effect he has on everyone. 

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Why do you want to activate Yeldon? Would you like the other team to have the ball more? Gore might have the burst of a snail on speed but I'd actually dress that same snail before I'd dress Yeldon. He sucks.

Singletary has twice as many fumbles as Yeldon this season.

13 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

Agree 100%

At least give Gore a week to just try and get fresh and let Yeldon get a week to see how he performs. I also think he's a decent back with good receiving skills, and would be more impactful than Gore.

The offense with Singletary to Gore is much different than Singletary to Yeldon.  Yeldon is a much larger threat out of the backfield vs Gore.  Yes, Yeldon is not the runner Gore is between the tackles.  Yeldon though is much better off tackle than Gore.  

I don’t know... With the demise of Ty Nsekhe, and the continued, high-level play of Von Miller, and an otherwise strong Denver defense, I think we’re going to see a fair amount of chip blocking from Smith, and DiMarco. It’s probably not accurate to base the Denver gameplan on what we saw in the Miami gameplan. 

14 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeldon is better then people think and at this stage he’s better then Gore. It’s just going to be one of those things we never actually get to find out though because Dabol is obsessed with wasting touches on a guy that’s 5+ years past his prime. It’s not even about Yeldon as much as it is about not continuously giving the ball to Gore. This has a chance to be a really special season and Gore served his purpose. He got us through some tough times and helped up bring along Singletary. But now it’s time to get serious and for the last month it’s clear Gores legs are shot. It’s time to try and take advantage of this season and get some fresh legs to go with Singletary. Bring back Murphy I don’t care. It just has to stop being Gore. You don’t have to cut the guy. Keep him around and give him 2 or 3 touches a game. But he gets the ball way, way to much. He’s done.

He's actually a decent back that can do so much more than Gore or Yeldon!!!

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it was very gameplan specific but I would happily see more of it.

Like the Patriots, but this time in a good way. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Singletary has twice as many fumbles as Yeldon this season.

Singletary does not fumble on 10% of his carries. Be fair and post the fumble % if you want to be taken seriously.