Lee Smith and Pat DiMarco update...

eball

3 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

He's shown he's a back up tackle that wears a TE number. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Not yet but he has committed lots of penalties.

He’s been a great blocker up until this point. What the hell happened?

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Why is Duke Williams not playing? Is he hurt?

Who do you inactivate to activate him? 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

He’s been a great blocker up until this point. What the hell happened?

He hurts the team with his penalties. He is a great blocker, there's no doubt but he has cost us many many drives.

1 hour ago, eball said:

From the Buffalo News this a.m.; should make a lot of folks happy.  Perhaps this is a sign that the Bills are finally figuring out "who they are" on offense and creating an identity -- or it's just the personnel grouping that they felt worked best against Miami.  In either case, 37 pts and 400+ of offense is nothing to sneeze at.

1. The Bills didn’t use their “heavy” offensive package much. Blocking tight end Lee Smith played a season-low seven snaps (10%), while fullback Patrick DiMarco was on the field for just four snaps (6%).

I'm not very worried about the offense finding an identity.

I AM, however, all about identifying wastes of space on the roster.  These two are that.

Josh Allen did say that he's more comfortable with no huddle.  I think it was a post game comment to Sal Cappacio that I heard.  Allen also thought that might be the direction the offense is moving toward.  That in itself doesn't necessarily mean Buffalo will abandon a heavy personnel package.  What it does mean is that there would not be much play by play substitution.  What you see is what you'll get personnel wise.  Overall, I think the 11 personnel package (3 WRs, 1 TE, 1RB) is probably more versatile than a heavy package.  Buffalo also used Kroft and Knox together some on Sunday - not so much Smith and Knox.

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

So do I but they haven’t been doing much. They’re both pretty much just special teams right now. I’m pretty sure the reason duke isn’t playing is because he’s not that good on ST.

thats 100% the reason....

i think the craziest story for me about the bills this year is the lack of foster.. I expected foster to have John Brown numbers this year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

From the Buffalo News this a.m.; should make a lot of folks happy.  Perhaps this is a sign that the Bills are finally figuring out "who they are" on offense and creating an identity -- or it's just the personnel grouping that they felt worked best against Miami.  In either case, 37 pts and 400+ of offense is nothing to sneeze at.

1. The Bills didn’t use their “heavy” offensive package much. Blocking tight end Lee Smith played a season-low seven snaps (10%), while fullback Patrick DiMarco was on the field for just four snaps (6%).

I understood the need for McBeane to bring in "Process" guys like DiMarco, Star, and Lee Smith, to help the transition of FO and get buy-in from players. But now that things are catching on and our young guys like Allen and Edmunds are stepping up to lead the team, it's time to work those dudes (mostly PD and LS) out of the game plans.

Hopefully this staff doesnt fall into the same trap as many of our past staffs, which is: make these changes (more aggressive game plan on O and D) for one game, have it work well in that game, and then fall back to the old ways and lose.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Personally, I hope to see a lot of DiMarco against the Broncos.  Not so much Lee Smith.

I trust DiMarco in the backfield, or lined up next to Ford to help chip and keep Von Miller off of Allen.

Good point on DiMarco/Ford/Von Miller. Going to be tough out there this Sunday.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

2 hours ago, eball said:

Good on you.  It displays a healthy attitude to refuse to enjoy a good outing because you expect the sky to fall next week.

It's fine that you don't read my posts, because who can keep up with any one person, but you'll find me to be a massive optimist around here. 

That said, Daboll's O is hugely different each week, and has been as you know, ineffective. So I think it's OK to hope that he can find some things that start to work instead of instituting wholesale changes week to week. 

• Like (+1) 1

I loved the 11 personnel against Miami, but it will be fascinating to see how they attack Denver. Ford is going to need some help, so we may Smith or Kroft or Gore playing more to help chip Miller or whoever is matched up against Ford.

Or the Bills may take their chances and try to play up tempo, stick with 3WR, and tire the Broncos pass rush out.

43 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Personally, I hope to see a lot of DiMarco against the Broncos.  Not so much Lee Smith.

I trust DiMarco in the backfield, or lined up next to Ford to help chip and keep Von Miller off of Allen.

In the backfield, I'm happy to see him. 

Lined up wide, not so much.